Chapter 33

*tit tit. tit tit.*

I woke up hearing the alarm and stretched for a long moment. It seemed like I dreamed a very long dream.

I checked the time and it was still 5 am.

When I woke up, there was this feeling that I was missing something. Something precious but I don't know what it was.

*Ding!*

A notification then popped out from my phone and I checked it.

[Thank you for reading my novel, The Flowery Path of Love. I've read all your comments from each chapter and it was because of you that I get to be motivated each time I write. I am granting a privilege to my special readers a free meet-up right now. Do you want to meet with me? From, the author.]

"Oh my goodness! THE AUTHOR is giving me a chance to meet with her!? Oh my gosh!!!!"

[It would be my pleasure to meet with you author-nim! I am very available right now!] I replied.

*Ding!*

[Good! Then let's meet up at Pure Cafe in 7 am. And also, if you have a hard copy of my book, you can bring it. I'll sign it for you.] She replied.

"Oh my!!!!! This is such an honor!! I could do anything she'll say!"

[Thank you so much author-nim! This is truly such an honor for me to meet you! I'm really a big fan!!]

*Ding!*

I immediately checked the message.

[Then best wishes and hope to see yoo soon!^u^] She replied.

"Kyaaaaa!!!! Oh my gosh!! I can't believe the author herself invited me!!"

I then prepared myself for the meet-up and went to the said cafe as she said.

When I entered the cafe, there was a woman sitting in a corner and she waved at me.

"Um.. are you perhaps the author?" I shyly asked.

"Yes, I am." She smiled.

"Oh my goodness! Nice to meet you Author-nim! My name is Lyla Hamilton, and I would be pleased if you'd call me Lyla!" I shook her hands excitedly.

"Nice to meet you Lyla. You can call me Ella. Please take a seat." She smiled.

"Wow, you look like Stella Richmond from your novel." I said in awe.

"Hehe. I wrote her description based on my appearance." She replied.

"And, I really love the part where Moriana died for her sake." I added.

"Yeah! Me too! Moriana is actually my favorite character aside from all the other main leads." She said

We talked a lot and having a conversation with her made me feel like I just made a new best friend.

.
.

"Then see you soon Lyla. I hope you can read my other novels as well." She said as she waved her hand.

"Yes! I definitely will!"

She started walking and I was left behind outside the cafe.

I then realized that I still held my hard copy book.

"Wait! Ah, she's already gone."

'I wonder why she wanted me to bring a hard copy from her novel?'

I disregarded the thought and turned around to walk.

I then bumped into someone.

"Euk- I'm sorry!" I bowed.

"It's fine." The person said.

'Wait, I feel like I already heard that voice somewhere.'

I looked up at the person and discovered that he had unique features.

Sea-blugreen eyes and obsidian hair. Familiar features and similar appearance.

'Huh? Similar to whom?'

Suddenly, I had this headache and strange memories showed into my mind.

All I knew later on was that, unknown tears came out from my eyes and they didn't stop flowing until I don't know when.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

I wiped my tears and sniffled my nose using my handkerchief.

I gave him my biggest smile and he looked confused.

"I'm alright."

"Then that's great." He smiled.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes?"

"What's your name?" I asked shamelessly.

"..It's Leo."

"Hi Leo. Can I be your friend?"

He looks surprised right now and his face was something to laugh at.

"Sure. You can be my friend." He replied.

'That's right. This time, let's start slowly.'

"Great! Let's have some coffee?"

"Alright." He replied.

I'll never forget the time when I was just a cannon fodder.

THE END

______________

A/N: Hi! Thank you for reading Just a Cannon Fodder hshshhs tbh this is one of my very first books that I wrote and published. And yeah. I hope you enjoyed this even though it's a bit cliché lmaooooooao I was young (lmaox10) when I wrote this so it's not that splendid like other masterpieces(⁠~⁠ ̄⁠³⁠ ̄⁠)⁠~

It felt so cringe and challenging when I reread this but I'll treat this book as a trophy since I completed this through killing the fl- HAHAHA jk-

Anywaysssss thank you for reading, voting, and commenting! It's my pleasure, and writing this was a nice experience.

See you in my next book!
/if you'll read them of course/
-gelainess🫶