✨Summer Of 1984✨

*Alarms going off*
*beep beep beep beep*

Mattie's POV
*busts through doors*
MATTIE: "Get up Jacky and Denise!"

MATTIE: "Get up Twinkie!"

MATTIE: "Get up Dorinda! It's 6 and your father wanted all of y'all to be up and ready by 8!"

*Walks to Twinkies Room*
"Twinkie getcha big behind up and start some breakfast please!" (In this story my fave can cook. Don't do too much please☺️)

Twinkie: "Y-Yes ma'am mamma."

MATTIE: "Thank you! And Karen- *retching* lord hammercy."

I walk into her and Dorinda's half bath to find Karen on her knees wiping her mouth with the back of her hand.

Mattie: ".... I really don't want you to leave... are you SURE you wanna spend the summer with your daddy?"

Karen: "I'm sure mamma. I need to get away from Detroit for awhile. Even if it's only for 3 months. Your grandson is gonna be okay. I promise...."

Mattie: "Okay.... Dorinda-"

Dorinda: "Yes mamma?"

Mattie: "Could you help Karen get dressed. I'll bring y'all's bags downstairs after I change into my clothes."

Dorinda: "Yes ma'am! Come here Karen, and pass me my coconut oil and cocoa butter please."

Karen: "Okay DoeDoe! Let me tinkle first!"

*knock knock*

Mattie: "I don't hear any arguing, so I'm gonna assume you ladies are ready for breakfast and have a few things packed for the summer."

Denise: "Morning Mamma. I was waiting on Mina to call, but I guess she's too busy..."

Jacky: "I told her to stop worrying about that fast Lil hussy! Ain't nothing good about keeping bad company..."

Denise: "But you don't even know Mina! Stop speaking on stuff you don't know about Jack! You're really stating to bum me out and we haven't even made it to Cali...."

Mattie: "HEY! Quit it! NOW! Jacky- how would you feel it Niecy threw that fact that Glynn was a gangster thug before he met you in your face repeatedly... huh?!"

Jacky: "I'd feel sad or angry even..."

Mattie: "Right! So leave Mina and Niecy alone. Mina is very respectful to me, as well as your sisters. If it wasn't for Mina- If it wasn't for her- Karen-"

Jacky: "It's okay Mamma. I'm sorry. I'm sorry Niecy. I had no right to judge your friend... do you forgive me?!"

Denise: "Of course Lenita. Just be careful how you express yourself. I'm more that willing to listen to you. You know this."

Jacky: "I know Two, I know."

Dorinda: "You guys... breakfast is ready!"

The girls exchange looks before laughing. Twintuition I tell ya. I don't care what anyone says.

Jacky: "Come on Mamma. Let's eat one last time before we leave you."

Mattie: "I hate that y'all are leaving me... please call me everyday. Or every other day. Please?!"

Jacky walks in front of me and helps me down, Niecy kisses my cheek and walks into the kitchen.

"We'll call you Mom! Don't worry!"