"I still feel like she should be in bed though." TK sighed.

"You can try but you will lose that battle!" Bailey called from the living room.

TK and Carlos' heads snapped sideways towards the living room where Bailey was watching them with an arched brow.

"You guys aren't exactly quiet." Bailey said matter-of-factly.

Carlos couldn't help but laugh at that.

✵✵✵

"Bails, pack it up," TK called, collecting his wallet and keys before turning to his coworkers to remind them of his plan. "I'm gonna take Bailey over to the sta-"

The fire/medical bell sounded throughout the station and TK groaned.

"You have got to be kidding me." He said.

"We can take her with us and drop her off on the way back. She can ride in the truck with us." Owen said as the team began to move.

TK nodded before turning to Bailey who was rapidly shoving things in her backpack.

"Bailey, let's go." He hustled, grabbing a pre-made sandwich from the fridge and tossing it to her.

Bailey jogged after the team and was headed towards the ambo but TK shook his head.

"Ride in the truck." He said.

"But I-" She stuttered.

TK could see she was nervous. He kissed her forehead and smiled gently.

"You'll be fine, I promise." He said.

Owen saw the girl's hesitation and guided her with him.

"You're fine Bails." He said as he helped her into the truck.

Marjan slipped a headset over Bailey's head. Bailey only flinched a bit before reaching up and putting her hand against the ear piece.

"So that we can hear and talk to each other." Marjan said through the headset.

"Cool," Bailey smiled. "Where are we going?"

"Farm about ten minutes from here. Kid's gotten himself in a bit of a pickle." Owen said.

"What kind of a pickle?" Bailey asked.

"We'll find out when we get there." Judd said.

Bailey nodded and fiddled with her backpack. She opened the zipper and pulled out her sketchbook. At least she'd have some time to sketch.

✵✵✵

When the 126 arrived on scene, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. It was a calm farm with a quiet two story farm house settled in the middle.

"This place looks like paradise." Bailey said, her eyes scanning the grounds through the window of the truck.

"Can't help but agree with that one," Owen said from the front seat. As soon as the truck stopped everybody began to pile out but Owen stopped Bailey before she got out. "Stay in the truck Bails."

Bailey's shoulders sagged.

"Don't give me that look, you had surgery four days ago. Your dads would throw a fit if I let you come in. I'm pretty sure TK is already glaring at me." He continued.

Bailey looked over to the ambulance where her dad was packing things into a med bag but his eyes were indeed on them. She sighed and nodded.