Part 10: Empty

Damon's pov
***

You know that feeling of emptiness,like you are lacking something that you can't tell what it is in the midst of having so many things.
That blank dark moment that you have in your mind,heart and soul, that one spark you feel like you lack.
That suffocation from reality that keeps on hitting you and constantly reminding you that you have lost your soulmate,that keeps on guilt tripping you that you have something to do with your emptiness.
That is what I am feeling right now.

I have so many emotions my heart feels like exploding right now. I think I just lost the love of my life for good. It is terrifying,it is heartbreaking,it is absurd. I feel so guilty for just letting kat go just like that,you know but at the same time I feel some relief, rather,I convince myself that I feel relieved to have finally let her go. since the second I broke her heart it has been crushing me and consuming me, I can't even think straight,but I keep on motivating myself like ,maybe it was for the best,maybe she deserves it, you know.
But I care for her and it's driving me nuts. I just feel empty, I have been dating with my girlfriend for over a year and a half know and in as much as we have had some fights, she has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. She gave me hope when I had none,she stood up with me when I was battling my pill addiction. I was just from the rehabilitation facility when I met Kat. She had just moved into the neighborhood and had very few friends. I remember admiring her everyday from my bedroom window. I could see how playful she was with her big brother,how much she cared for her parents when they first came here, how she cared for their little garden,she was obsessed with watering the flowers on the garden. later on I discovered that she had just moved into our school and then I started stalking her. I first saw her in a common unit class of introduction to linguistics. She was a diva,I was even scared to approach her for months. She had such an exquisite fashion sense, she always did her,loads of make up,high heels, ripped jeans,designer bags ,bucket hats and any latest cars that were released. She was full of class, and she never doubted herself at any point. She was a boss and she acted like it. So many guys were throwing themselves at her, I mean she is a whole sexy goddess who could not be interested in that. So many girls kept on wanting to become her best friend but I noticed later on she cut off every one else and stuck with Sharon and Molly, savage and classy ladies, just like her. Kat never bent low all her life, she stood for what the felt was right with her and she raised a voice when need be. All those were things that I observed even before I ever uttered a word to her. I was dying to have a minute of her time but she was just so obsessed with frat and club parties. I was avoiding parties at the time since I had just come from rehab and I did not want to fall back.
I remember there is this one day at the cafeteria, I was just seated there having my lunch, a beef cheese burger and sprite and then I saw Kat passing by with her friends and I wanted to yell my lungs out and let her know how beautiful she was and how much I had a crush on her. But I did not have the balls to. So I just watched her as she went ahead to order her lunch.
"Aaaaargh!!! This school is so dumb!which cafeteria runs out of beef cheese burgers at 12:30pm!" I heard her yell.
"Babe, we can just have pizza and sprite,stop making it a big deal", one of her friends convinced her.
"No,you do not get it, I wanted that burger so bad,you know how bad my cravings are when I am on my periods" she told her friends and the look on her face was so disappointed.
I just felt the need to share my burger with her,first I liked her so much, it hurt me to see her that dissapointed,second I just wanted a reason to talk to her and thirdly I have watched so many cliché movies,they encourage me to do such kind of a thing.
"Hey there stranger,you can have the remaining piece of my burger", I said as I approached her. I was so nervous,I just wanted to be so brief and straight to the point.
"Oh my God,you would actually offer me your burger?" She asked me with a very big grin
"Sure, I am Damon by the way, Damon Carrington," I added.
"Thanks I am Kat, nice to meet you, and thanks for the burger"
" Anytime,I guess I will see you around." I told her and left because I was feeling like I was creating too much drama.
We started meeting coincidentally from that day on,sometimes at the cafeteria,other times I could just intentionally bump into her on the corridors,just to feel close to her,other times I could help her reach for a book at the top shelf in the library. Those small small unexpected places, and one thing led to another. At some point I stalked her and learned that her favourite novel was After by Ann Todd,her favourite colour was pink,her favourite flower was rose and so on and so on. So one day I purposely sat on the study table she was using in the school park and started reading a page from After out loud.
" I think Harry is a jerk!" She interrupted
"Pardon," I said. I was excited, I was achieving my goal right here.
" From the story that you are reading, Harry to me is a jerk like most campus men, I just told you my opinion".
The truth is I had no idea of what this book was about,I was just trying to get her attention and I actually managed to do it.
"You know what,why don't we meet here tomorrow at the same time and have a debate on our favourite characters in this novel." I told her. I just wanted some more hours to go through the book and have an idea of what it talks about so I can be able to get her talking for a while.
"Sorry, tomorrow is a weekend,I will be occupied,how about Monday?" She offered.
"Deal!" I went home a happy man that day and I was literally counting hours to Monday.
Monday was here and at exactly 3 pm, I showed up to the study table and to my surprise Kat was here, sorry, the Kat was here, I was so fucking overwhelmed.
"You kept time,"
"Time is money"she answered.
And then we kicked off our debate and I ended supporting her theory that Harry was a jerk even though that was not my initial stand.
" You can become my reading partner you know,we seem to have the same novel type." She offered.
I was definitely in for the challenge,I was not a fan of reading novels,I was just used to playing video games and doing drugs,but I did it for my crush. Later on after we started dating,I gave her the story about how she turned me into a novel reader and we laughed so hard.
From becoming reading partners we discovered that we had so much more in common,I discovered that there was more to what meets an eye,that Kat was not just physically attractive,she was so assertive and smart , ambitious and business oriented. we had so much in common,like the love of nature and sea sickness,love of ice cream and hate towards chocolate and Many other small details that built our bond and made it more strong. And we started hanging out and later on going on ideal dates, after five months of friendship,I asked her to become my girlfriend and she was definitely excited about it. I had won her heart like she had won mine.we started completing each other and even drifted from our friends for a while,all we had was us,all we could think about was us and there was no better way to put it,we were becoming addicted to each others company for good. It was mutual .

***
This is the longest paragraph so far
But is worth it
AT LEAST NOW WE KNOW HOW DAMON AND KAT MET !

#LOVE IN THE AIR
#I LOVE IT
#LIVEFORLOVE.

NEXT CHAPTER IS A CONTINUATION.
LET'S GO!!!!