"Y-Y/n..... I'm so sorry for raising my voice, it's just.. like I said, Hayden was the closest thing I had to a father... I'm being irrational and I need to get control of my emotions," Laurence said with a guilty tone before looking down.

"Laurence, it's okay to feel things, and it's okay to be on edge. He meant a lot to you, and I'm sorry that you even have to put your grieving process on hold for this, but I really just need you to focus..." I said, leaning my forehead against his.

"Right... Right.. Lady Y/n, let's begin our investigation at the crime scene. Hayden's house," Laurence said, gaining his composure.

I checked around the house only to find a chicken feather. We then went to Castor's to ask him some questions. We knocked on the door, neither of us wanting it to be him.

"Oh! Lauuurence, and Y/n! It's been a while since I've last seen you Laurence. You are looking as Laurency as ever. I'm very glad to see you got rid of that stupid orange hair you thought was soooo hot at the time. It's nice to see you looking as stupid as stupid Laurence should be, thank goodness. And you! Y/n, it's been a while! Last time I saw you, you were saving my chickens. It's good to see you not looking as stupid as stupid Laurence," Castor said, making me laugh in turn.

"It's good to see you too Castor," I replied, "Though we're here to ask you about something. Someone's gone missing in Meteli and we wanted to ask you if you've seen anything?"

"Ah, woah.. Who could have gone missing? Did Cadenza?!" He questioned, "Maybe, because that beautiful chicken.. left me!! Probably for Dr. Bees! My best friend if you did not know. I knew he was trouble, even if he is my best friend. But I had the worst luck in getting that potion to turn her back to normal. Maybe I should drink some more..."

"I don't think that's what you need.. but just so you know, Cadenza's perfectly fine, she's gone back to normal so you don't have to worry about that," I explained, "But we wanted to ask what you've been doing the last few days..."

"Hmm... Hohoho.. I was making good homes for my people. Ever since that Sasha shadow knight slaughtered my people ruthlessly and without descrimination, as we both remember, you were there too Y/n, I remember. I had a hard time getting my people's population up, especially with my lucky bandana missing. But I've done a pretty good job, even if some has stolen my special broom in the last couple of days. But, now I am just here protecting them, until they can protect themselves.." Castor explained.

Next thing I knew Castor had signed me up to make small chicken houses for him. I made several houses as I waited for Laurence and Castor. I watched as the day turned to night, getting way to tired of building.

"Lady Y/n.. It could not have been Castor... He's been working on an enchantment potion, you can ask any potion maker that that takes days of tending to, there's no way he would have left his house," Laurence said standing beside me.

"That's good I guess.." I said with a sigh.

"I think he still has something gto do with this though... Lady Y/n, it's odd but I think we should setup camp outside just to keep an eye on him. I don't trust him or if anything, I think someone is trying to make it look like Castor did this. Would you mind if we camped here?" He asked.

"I don't mind, this is important.." I said sighing.

"Thank you milady. I'll set up the entire camp myself, you rest. Um, thank you so much for being kind and patient... I appreciate that you understand how I feel about Hayden. Thank you milady," Laurence said with a smile.

I realized, I hadn't seen Laurence smile the past two days. I enjoyed seeing his smile. Laurence set up the camp and made me sit back.

"So what caused you to start calling me "milady" or "Lady Y/n"?" I asked.