Chapter Seven: Nauseous

He begins to sweat profusely at this revelation and his heart sinks into his stomach. Of course, he knew she would be coming to school in the first year during second term but now it’s the end of the year meaning two whole terms have passed and in that time the original Elias must have done a lot to warrant glares and cold looks from his peers. Not to mention she has probably already met almost all the love interests.

The teacher continues registration “Cassius?”

“Here sir.” The child responded politely.

‘Wait what?’ Elias thought as he heard the name. The name that belongs to none other than the second prince aka the one that would ultimately plot to kill him. It slipped his mind that the female lead was in the same classroom as the second prince.

Fuck, now he was nauseous and nervous, a combination that made him want to shit himself and puke out his breakfast. His skin got pale as goosebumps covered his body along with the sweat that had formed on his forehead, palms and arm pits, the look of terror was lightly etched on his face. His mind began to ponder what he should do now if it’s already the end of the year. How could his plan work now? Should he just run away? But where? And with what money? Could he even survive outside of the safe confinement of his home? But is home safe for him anymore? More questions than answers swirled in his head so much so that he didn’t hear the teacher call his name the first two times.

“Elias? Elias. Elias!” the teacher called.

“Wha??... Uh.. Yes?” he nervously responded. Some kids quietly snickered at him.

The teacher is quiet for a moment before inquiring “Are you feeling alright?” noticing the discomfort clearly drawn on the small boy’s face. Elias gives a quick nod in response before looking down at his hands, a little embarrassed, and the teacher continues.

Less than a minute later the teacher dismisses everyone for the day and wishes them a good end of year break before promptly leaving before anyone else. Students stud up from their seats and approach their friends or leave the classroom. Meanwhile Elias sits there in his anxiety for about two minutes before deciding that it wouldn’t do him any good to be so anxious and that he should get some air, maybe even take the time to see other classrooms to distract himself from this wretched feeling.

He quietly exits the classroom and began roaming around the halls. He decides his first destination should be the garden for a bit of fresh air and makes his way past the glares and whispers about him until the doors to the garden are just down the hallway, along with a group of five boys. They both walk towards each other so he tries desperately to male himself smaller than he already was by keeping his head down and walking close to the wall but his attempt would prove to be futile.

As they come close to each other one of the boys, presumably the leader, grabbed his shoulder and slammed him into the wall that was at his side. This boy was much taller and much, much stronger and seemed to be older too, maybe a grade or two above. He seemed pleased with the pained grunt and whimper that escaped the younger boy’s lips.

Elias desperately hoped that whatever was about to transpire would end quickly.

“Hey. We heard you were bothering Leora yesterday. Again! So we thought we aught to give you a second warning because we're so nice.” He paused expecting him to respond in anger or something like that but nothing came, so he continued. “Stay. Away. From. Her!” he gripped his shirt and slammed Elias to the wall behind him with every word that came.

Just then they heard footsteps coming and turned to see who was making them. At the end of the hall from where Elias had come from walked his eldest brother, Aurelius who walked with grace and poise in every step, his uniform neat and tailored to his body showing off his sturdy physique. It wasn't like he just turned the corner, no he was a fair distance from in and had to have seen what just happened and yet nothing. He walked as if he didn’t see it. This moment felt like an eternity for all of them with nothing to detract from it other than the quiet footsteps, the only sound that could be heard, that got louder as he got closer. All the boys were staring at him as he nonchalantly got closer ti them. He looked at the group and Elias threw him a pleading look which he ignored without so much as a hint of care in his eyes and continued down the hall like it was nothing - no it was nothing to him. Though Elias had known him for a short while this blatant betrayal still stung him.

The boys chuckled at the sight and continued their torment “If we have to warn you again I’ll do much more than this.” And threw a quick punch into his stomach, he grunted painfully and held back the vomit that threatened to spill out of him. “got that?” he questioned with vexed eyes.

Elias could only respond meekly and with a small nod “Mhm…” it clearly sounded as if he was about to cry and the tormentors laughed at this, the leader threw him aside and the gang continued to their destination mocking and laughing at the response given to them.

He was no stranger to bullying, he was socially bullied in his past life too as a tomboy by the girls in his class but he was never ever physically bullied. So this was completely new for him. He picked himself up and sat on the floor for a bit contemplating what just happened, how real it felt, how scary it all really was.

As he sat there tears threatened to fall from his eyes and his breathing became irregular so he quickly got up and speed walked to the garden for fear of anyone seeing him cry or worse seeing him have a break down.