It was exactly what I feared.

Shit. Shit. Shit. I owe him.

Precisely what I had intended to avoid. Even if he tried to hide it, not that he would, we both knew that I was in debt to him until I could somehow render the playing field even.

The wave of people coming and going made it difficult to find anyone.

I lost Thor and Sif in the crowd once it had ended which I assumed was when the large groups of people began to dissipate.

I looked around for where everyone was. Scanning the ground for any familiar faces until I found none.

I pulled the hood of my cloak over my head to prevent the rain from wetting my hair and fastened the dagger tighter against my thigh.

Once you're out of the crowd you'll be fine.

I said to myself in my head as if it would do anything to change the fact that it felt as though everyone's eyes were on me.

Judging me.

Not that anyone knew me or wanted to know me. To them, I was just another common folk walking around the streets aimlessly until the night came to sweep me away.

With my mind clouded, I hadn't been paying attention much as to where I was going but more getting away from everyone.

I continued down the cobblestone paths until the rain began to fall harder and harder until it became a torrential downpour.

The cold water sliding down my face with every step I took, drenching my once dry cloak until it stuck to my skin.

I began to run as fast as I could through the city, my lungs starting to feel the heat burning within as the air was coming too fast for me to take it all in at once. I kept going despite the discomfort until I came to a stone gazebo. Its white arches created a circular dome over the top of it.

It was the only dry structure that I could see through the sheets of rain, so I made my way into it as it sheltered me from the storm.

My clothes and hair were now completely soaked as I took off my cloak to prevent me from freezing even more.

My body was ice. The warm blood that ran through my veins was the only thing keeping me conscious as I stood there waiting for the storm to pass.

I moved my hair out of my face as it had plastered itself to my forehead and on my neck while I was escaping the rainstorm.

The chilled air was biting at my bare arms from the idiotic decision to wear a tank top as a shirt on a cloudy day.

I crossed my arms over themselves rubbing the sides of my shoulders to keep warm. I couldn't help but shiver as I felt parts of my body go numb. I could feel the goosebumps that had formed all over the surface of my skin as the wind ripped through the stone arches.

I began thinking back to Loki. How close his body had been to mine as we sat there in silence. The feeling of his breath against the delicate skin of my neck. His warm arm wrapped around my torso, had I not been scared to death the very thought of it could've sent my mind into overdrive.

My subconscious then began to drift to Bucky, the night we had spent together in the abandoned building. He had helped me without knowing it. It had been the first time I had gone without nightmares. I wasn't sure if it was the cold temperature or the lack of rationality in my every thought that led me to think of them both.

I hadn't let myself think of him since I had returned to Asgard, but now I was cold and alone. Alone with every memory and nightmare that replayed itself over and over. There was no hiding from them now.