124: A Family Conversation

Start from the beginning

"How could that pathetic Potter do that to my son?" Lucius Malfoy slammed his fist against the table, making Cassiopeia jump. "What happened then?"

"Luckily, Snape appeared that day. He healed him and took him to the Hospital Wing," Cassiopeia sighed. "Actually, can you two at least tell me what's going on in Tom's mind? I'm very well aware there is something going on in his mind, and you two know that. I suspected that Draco's weird behavior has some connection, doesn't it, Uncle?"

"The Dark Lord wants Draco to kill Dumbledore," Narcissa's voice broke as Cassiopeia choked on her tea, dropping the cup on her suit.

"What?" She looked at them with wide eyes, forgetting that her uniform was already ruined with tea. "Are you two joking?"

"It's the truth," Lucius confirmed, making her face darken. "He wants to kill Potter. Since Dumbledore is protecting him, the Dark Lord wants to get rid of him first so it will be easier to get Potter killed."

Cassiopeia felt her eyes darken with what she had just heard. Tom was after Dumbledore and Harry! She buried her head in her hands and processed everything in her mind.

So, that was why Draco said he overheard those two names. But Tom had no different expression. He acted normal all the time.

"Why—why didn't you two tell me about it?" Cassiopeia stammered, uncovering her face. "You could have told me before."

"We were afraid for your life, Cassiopeia," Lucius spoke. "Honestly, Draco and you are like our children, though you did some stupid things at the Ministry..." a slight laugh escaped from his mouth. "We care about both of you. We knew that the moment we told you, you would surely get into trouble with him because he insisted we not tell you. Everything depended on our life, our family. I didn't want to see my family ruined by him."

The remorse was visible on his face. Cassiopeia had never imagined what could have changed the usually arrogant Lucius Malfoy into this caring person. He was caring for them, the man who was always busy at the Ministry and didn't care whether he had a family, now saying he cares for his family.

"Now you're with him, and we have no daughter now," another sadistic chuckle escaped from his lips. "I need to see all of you be safe. I never thought Draco has to pay for my failure. It was the last thing I wanted to see in my life. Since you already broke up with him, we both decided you should know everything. That is why we started from the memory of your parents."

"I—I'm sorry, I didn't know about any of these things," Cassiopeia's voice broke as she looked at the couple. "I can assure that I won't let Draco kill Dumbledore."

"What are you going to do, Cassie?" Narcissa asked as Cassiopeia got up from the chair. "He's a dangerous man, you know."

"I'm aware of that," Cassiopeia sighed, closing her eyes. "Everything in my life gets harder and more complicated day by day." She automatically slumped into a chair. "First, I thought my dad committed suicide, then Kreacher told the whole story. It wasn't true."

"What do you mean?" her uncle furrowed his brows.

"There is something really dark that made Voldemort immortal," Cassiopeia began. "Actually, they are some objects. Can you remember the old diary you put into the Weasley girl's bucket years ago?"

He nodded as she continued, "That was one of them. And Slytherin's locket, Ravenclaw's diadem, Gaunt's ring, and I assume that there were many more. It's extremely dark magic, and I assume he has some more."

"He gave the Hufflepuff cup to Bellatrix those days," her aunt chimed in as Cassiopeia nodded.

"Exactly, he needed all the heirlooms for that," she explained. "But I guess Gryffindor's sword is with Dumbledore because Harry used it to kill the Basilisk."