✰ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹 ✰

Start from the beginning

"Hi son, how are you? Where were you," I asked. 

"I was taking care of Sivu. I didn't come yesterday, because I slept at her house," he said simply, not looking at me because he knew my reaction. 

"Did you sleep together, like in the same bed," I asked surprised, delving into the subject, wanting to know more? I saw from the corner of my eye, Lakshimnathan look at us and then go back to where he was, must be talking to Sivaangi. 

"Yes, we are married," he said looking at me suspiciously. 

"Am...Umm, I'm going to my room now, if you don't mind," he said and turned his back on me, but then turned around, "Where's Ap..he?" I sighed to see that Ashwin can't say Appa and Amma. He must be still very hurt to think that we didn't tell what happened to Sivaangi before. 

"He's in our room," I said and he nodded this time, leaving me alone.

It was always like that. Ashwin won't let me get close to him. Since he broke out and tried to stab me, he's not the same as me. I very much hope that, once we solved our problems with Arjun, and we continue with the plan, we will finally be able to have a normal life. I always say to myself that it was not my fault, but if I hadn't introduced Sivaangi to Arjun too closely, maybe this wouldn't have happened. He would have never abused Sivaangi, and he wouldn't have hurt Ashwin mentally by hurting his loved one every day. But thanks to me, we are experiencing hell every day. 

"Ready," I woke up to hear Lakshimnathan's voice and I directed my gaze at him. 

"Sivaangi convinced me that she can go after Arjun, alone," he commented making me stumble back, moving backward. 

"What? Dear, you couldn't have let her do that. You know how strong Arjun is, he's going to do something worse than what he did back. We must go after her to stop him," I said afraid and he pulled me into his embrace trying to calm me down. 

"We can't go, honey, I promised her we would stay here so that Ashwin doesn't know anything and tries to stop her," he said. 

"You know very well that I will not keep that promise. We're talking about my daughter-in-law. My daughter. I consider her as my own daughter. Arjun is a psychopath. I won't forgive myself if something happens to her. Think about Ashwin!! Ashwin is so protective and possessive of her, and when I mean by protective and possessive he's to the extreme," I said. 

"Who's protective and possessive of who," I heard and I froze in the same spot when I heard Ashwin's voice. I watching him come downstairs, wearing shorts and a blue shirt. 

"What happened," he asked. 

"N-nothing thangam, I was thinking out loud," I said quickly trying to manage," Do you want to eat something? You must be hungry."

"I had dinner with, Sivu, I cooked mushroom pasta," he confessed staring at us, alternating the look at me and my husband. 

"Now stop messing with me. I know something is going on and I want to know what it is. Don't you already think you hid too much from me," he asked mockingly. 

I took a deep breath thinking about what to say. It was obvious that I wouldn't tell where Sivaangi is. I didn't what Ashwin involved in this, as he has a high very temper and loses patience in the blink of an eye when Sivaangi is involved. He would do anything and everything for her, and it includes killing Arjun if possible. Arjun has a partnership with the police and if anything happens to him, everyone will know that we are involved. But none of that stops me from making my family happy. 

"Ashwin, beta, sit down," Lakshimnathan said, seeing my determined look. 

"We have something to tell you," Lakshimnathan said, and I nodded, looking at my son who was frowning, covered in confusion. But even so, he went to the sofa, sitting on it and staring at us with no expression.