Chapter 16: Do I Have To Snort Marijuana?

Start from the beginning

"Do I have to snort marijuana?"

All four of them looked at each other, before they burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked, frowning at them.

Chase was laughing so hard that he had to grab the coat hanger to stop himself from falling over. Alice had tears in her eyes and even though Georgia and Austin were slightly more stable, they looked equally amused.

"Firstly," Austin chuckled. "You can't snort pot. You smoke pot. And secondly, no. You don't have to do anything you don't want to."

"Fine," I said, rolling my eyes at a still hysterical Chase. "I guess I can come, but I have nothing to wear."

Georgia grinned at me and held up a duffel bag that I hadn't even noticed she'd been holding.

"Don't worry," Austin smirked. "We came prepared."

"Come on!" Georgia cried, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the staircase. "It's makeover time!"

"You're all crazy," Alice muttered, as she finally stopped laughing and followed us up the stairs.

"But you love us!" Chase said, throwing an arm around Alice's shoulder.

The look Alice gave him could have killed.

I chuckled and let Georgia lead me into my bedroom. Chase and Alice both came and sat down on my bed while Georgia and Austin rummaged around the duffel bag.

"Here are your three possible outfits," Georgia said, putting a pile of clothes in my arms and pushing me towards the bathroom. "You have to try them all on, got it?"

"And you have to show us each outfit!" Austin added, before he pushed me into my bathroom and closed the in my face door.

I felt a strange sense of déjà vu as I took off my clothes and slipped on the first dress Georgia had given me. This was just like the shopping trip Chase and Luke had taken me on before my date with Austin, except this time, I was a lot more nervous.

The dress Georgia had given me was navy blue and very short, presumably because it was Georgia's size and not my own. It didn't look particularly good on me but nonetheless I went outside the bathroom to show the others.

"Nope," Austin said, shaking his head the moment I walked out of the bathroom. "Next dress!"

I couldn't even reply before he had shoved me back inside the bathroom, shutting the door in my face.

The second I pulled on the next dress I could tell it was much better. It was a simple white dress that was fitted and lacy at the top but then flowed out into a skirt, reaching just above mid thigh. The dress was undeniably very pretty and looked a lot better on me than I had expected, the white complimenting my lightly tanned skin.

When I stepped outside of the bathroom I met Austin's gaze first, who beamed at me approvingly. "Now this one I like," he said, stepping out of the way so the others could see me.

Georgia let out a squeal of excitement and pulled me into a hug. "You look amazing!" She said into my hair, hugging me so tightly I thought I'd stop breathing any minute now.

"No time for the lovey dovey crap, Georgia," Alice interrupted, pulling the two of us apart. "We're already running late, we have to hurry up!"

"Sorry," Georgia mumbled, sheepishly. "Come on, let's do your hair and makeup!"

"Makeup?" I repeated. "Georgia-"

"Don't worry," Georgia said, cutting me off before I could protest. "We'll keep it simple, I promise."