Haneul's Birthday

Start from the beginning

"Hannie?" Jake's voice called out from the other end.

"Jake? What happened to Sunghoon?" I frowned in confussion.

"I don't know, man... he just stands frozen in place with wide eyes... what did you tell him?" Jake let out a small laugh as I sighed and closed my eyes tightly, "wait... are you in labour?" Jake immediately asked and I hummed in reply, "we'll put him on the next flight home."

"No... he needs to finish the tour... for the Engenes," I reminded making Jake huff out at him.

"Edin... you're not forcing him to work when he knows you're giving birth soon... how far are you? " he lightly scolded.

"They said four hours," I sighed at him.

"And if we get him to the airport now... he might just be there in time for delivery," Jake calculated, "don't worry... we're gonna send him to you fast as possible."

"Jake I-" I started before I heard him yell for the other boys in the background of the phonecall.

"We need to get Sunghoon to the airport fast as possible," Jake excused, "hurry! Hannie is giving birth in four hours! He needs to be there!"

"Jake... No," I sighed at him before reaching up and pressing the button that called for a nurse.

"You don't get to decide this miss Hepburn!" Jake hissed at me making me sigh as my door opened.

"How can I help you miss Yang?" my nurse walked back in making me look to her.

"Can I get another epidural, please?" I questioned with a small frown on my face as she looked over at my hands, one was holding the phone whilst the other tightly held onto the railings of the bed, indicating I was in a lot of pain.

"It hasn't been an hour since you got your first, I'm afraid I can't give you another," the nurse replied with a look of sorrow on her face.

"Please, it's really hurting?" I frowned in pain making her sigh at me.

"Edin what the hell is happening? " Jake's voice shouted from the phone.

"Oh Jake, shut up will you? " I snapped in return.

"We can speed up the delivery if the pain is too much," the nurse spoke up making me nod at her, "I'll go inform your doctor."

"Thank you," I muttered at her before she just nodded and walked off.

"Hana you're telling me what is happening right now!" Jake exclaimed at me, "we're on our way to the airport right now! Your finceé... still completely frozen."

"I asked them to speed up the delivery," I sighed, "too much pain."

"When is the delivery then?" Jake questioned.

"Whenever my nurse returns to take me with her," I sighed and rubbed my forehead before frowning once more, "I just want it to stop..." I quietly whimpered, finally letting him hear how badly I was hurting.

"Listen... it's gonna be alright. Sunghoon is getting on a plane soon, he'll be by your side before you know it," Jake assured, "just take deep breaths okay?"

"I'm so scared, Jake," I whispered as I closed my eyes tightly.

"I know... I know... just... stay strong for Sunghoon, okay? Stay strong," Jake stated and I hummed at him, "everything is gonna be fine... I promise."

"Miss Yang we can get you in the delivery room now... we'll start with giving you a shot that can speed up the process, and then we expect a delivery within 30 minutes," the nurse returned to the room making me look over at her in shock.