09 central park blues

chapter nine,
central park blues

               Things were going really good again, but this time it felt different for the both of them

Their last serious conversation had left them on the border of being friends or more. They hadn't discussed it but the unspoken words were there, they both just didn't want to ruin something that was going well.

"So... Did you miss me? Like a lot?" Blue smiled as the two walked through Central Park.

Blue had convinced him to take a trip with her to the park that he wasn't fond of. He didn't like the big crowds of people that came with the biggest park in New York, and he didn't like the overpriced hot dogs marketed toward tourists even more. But he liked Blue, and that outweighed everything else.

"Hmm let me think, I enjoyed the quiet well besides the constant playing of music that still went on throughout all hours of the day night—"

Blue shoved Bucky playfully, latching back on to his arm. "I'm serious I need to know that I wasn't the only one who kept fighting the idea of breaking into your house and stealing Alpine cause I missed you."

Bucky laughed, "Woah you wanted to do what now? "

Blue gave Bucky a look, an answer now one.

"Yes Blue I missed you, so much. So much that I also wanted to break into your house and steal my chair back along with the mp3 player." He smiled at her.

Blue smiled, leaning more into Bucky's arms. "I would have let you."

The two walked some more talking about random things, they liked to do that a lot. It felt better than talking about themselves. Sometimes things are better like that.

"So I wasn't going to tell you but I am..." Blue trailed off as they sat down on a free bench.

Bucky gave Blue a confused look, motioning his head for her to go on.

"I saw you with a girl a couple weeks back." Blue said.

"I can explain that, it wasn't—well it was but I'm not—" Bucky tried to explain making blue giggle, "You're laughing?"

Blue grabbed onto his hand, "It made me smile. That you're trying, I could always tell it was hard for you."

"It was Sam, he found my address and kept insisting that I get out there. Set up a whole account on some dating app." Bucky admitted, his face growing red.

Blue giggled, "He made you a tinder account? That's the most bromancey thing I've ever heard. How did he manage to get it to work on that medieval thing you carry in your pocket."