07 liar liar liar

chapter seven,
liar liar liar

               It had been a week, a week since Blue found out who Bucky was, and honestly it was all just too much for her to handle at once

               She'd spent the whole night reading articles about him, watching videos that were taken of him and uploaded online. It didn't look like him, the monster she watched wasn't her neighbor-friend— that was someone who showed no remorse and killed anyone who got in his way.

               It was all adding up though, every fleeting question she had thought to herself while she was with him now made sense. He never took off his gloves because of his arm, he didn't know much about regular stuff because he was over 100 years old, frozen for most of it. He was best friends with Captain America.

               He didn't trust her. He didn't tell her anything because he couldn't trust her. She didn't even know if she could trust him.

               Blue didn't know if she could be angry, there was no obligation towards her. Bucky didn't have to tell her anything, but it still hurt. He made it seem like he could trust her, which made Blue trust him. She told him things she hadn't told anyone before and finding all this out on her own felt like a slap to the face— nothing had changed.

               It had been a week, a week of avoiding, and sneaking around. Bucky had caught on two days in.

               He knocked everyday, he stopped by the shop everyday, and he left a note everyday.

               She couldn't face him, she didn't know him. She was dumb to think they were ever friends, maybe neighbors was all they were meant to be— all they could be.

               That's when it happened again, she had thought he left for the couple hours he did and she was safe to play her music. Her music consisting of replays of Taylor Swift's album folklore, but only the sad songs. It seemed fitting for the mood she was in.

               Knock. Knock. Knock.

               Blue's heart dropped to the floor as she heard the sound coming from her front door, being quick to turn the music off as fast as she could but not fast enough.

               "Blue I know you're home." Bucky's voice was heard through the door. "Blue please, it's been a week and I- I'm confused."

               Hearing his voice was hard to listen to, something that was comforting to her before turned into something that made her stomach churn. She felt like she had to throw up.

               "What did I do Blue? I don't understand?"

               Blue had her forehead pressed up against the door, she wanted to speak back but she physically couldn't. She didn't want to bring up something that he had gone to lengths to not talk about.