01 new neighbor

chapter one,
new neighbor

             It had been exactly one month since the world had returned back to its full capacity, things were getting back to the way it was or at least most people thought

It had been exactly one month since the world had returned back to its full capacity, things were getting back to the way it was or at least most people thought. In all honesty Blue thought the opposite, sure everyone that was blipped away had been brought back but people died and new people were born.

Five years had passed, everyone was back but things felt even worse.

Her parents seemed the same, to them it felt like a minute that they had been gone. I don't think they realized how long they were gone until they actually saw Blue. She wasn't the same girl they had seen before disappearing, she was older and it showed in her features. Her chunky cheeks that her mother adored had hallowed, her long hair that her dad used to brush through had been cut, and her older sister was no longer older.

Her family had stood in their big home, they begged for Blue to return but she couldn't. She wasn't the same girl that was left there. Plus she had signed a years lease which was not negotiable; even the blip couldn't get her out of it.

"I promise Mom, I'll stop by this weekend. Yes. Yes. Yes. Okay, love you too. Mhm, bye." Blue was quick to hang up her phone letting the music resume on the speakers that shouted in a comfortable way around her house.

She hummed, skipping around her apartment as she looked for the book she was reading the night before.

Just as C.R.E.A.M. by Wu-Tang Clan began to play she heard someone knocking on her door through the muffled sound of the song.

"Always when a good song starts." She mumbled, shaking her head as she peaked through the hole on the door.

It was Tyler, the dude who owned the building. She rolled her eyes opening up the door.

"Yes?" Blue asked as she observed him and his little clipboard, "Ooh am I getting evicted?"

He scoffed, "Don't you wish."

Her smile dropped. "Then what are you here for? Rent was already dropped off last Tuesday and no I'm not turning down my music."

"Blue cut me some slack, I let you blare it all day and night. Just turn it down for the rest of the day, plus there's no reason a girl like you should be blasting Wu-Tang Clan at 10 in the morning. "

She gave him a sarcastic smile, "Oh this is just something light for my breakfast I think I got Ice Cube on queue."

Tyler rubbed at the back of his neck before looking over his clipboard, "Blue it's going to be 10:30 soon and I need this music off."

"Why? Is someone moving in?" She laughed jokingly to which he did not laugh back, "Wait is someone actually moving in?"

"Right across the haul, which is why I need you to please turn it down at least."