lifeless eyes and pure hate

"Dad?"
The screams around her faded and everything seemed like it was far far away. The girl turned into a child again as she looked at her father. Her eyes were glistening with tears.

She had imagined this so often. Dreams in which they come back. Her family. Y/n would sit in the old house, drinking coffee on the bench outside the house. Her eyes would be closed and the sun would warm her face. Her soul wouldn't be bothered with all the crimes of the earth. On the whole world, there'd only be Y/n and her family. A car would drive up and they would get out of the car, smiling. She would hug them all, tell them how much she missed them. Her father'd tell her that they were here now, they wouldn't leave again, it\s all over. That's how she dreamt about seeing them again.

But now, she was standing there. The 18 years old girl turned 15 again. Her father about 6 feet away, laying on the ground, injured. However, there wasn't the nice smile her dad always had on his face. His eyes pierced her. They looked lifeless. He was bleeding out of the stomach but Y/n couldn't move. She couldn't think. She couldn't breathe. Her breath became short and quick. Her lungs didn't wanna take in the air.

"Y/n?" Another voice. "Spencer?" "Y/n?" "Louis?" Y/n's voice sounded so vulnerable, like the lightest breeze would break it, break her. Her breathing continued to quicken. She had her family here, everyone injured, everyone bleeding, everyone those same lifeless eyes which were piercing her. She took a few steps back. She needed to calm down. She wanted to turn around and run away. Run away from her feelings, from their stares, from the war, from the possibility that she could've saved them.

She took another step back but she stumbled over a stone. "I can't" the girl mumbled. This wasn't real. She knew what was worse than death...false hope.

"We needed you!" Louis croaked. His usually so soft voice sounded rough and rude. "We did this because of you. You did this to us" Spencer was speaking now. His voice sounded calm but so cold. "Boys, stop it" Y/n's dad stopped the boys. She looked at him, surprised and full of hope...false hope. 

We already knew that she would be a disappointment. Yes, that's what she is..." They made eye contact. "a disappointment"

Y/n couldn't take it anymore. Already sitting on the floor because of the fall, she curled into a ball. Her hands on her ears so she wouldn't hear anything they say. "I'm so sorry...I'm sorry..sorry..." she mumbled as she continued to hear the voices of her family. They seemed to come out of her head. Calling her selfish, dumb, a useless child, a problem, a mistake.

Tears were running down her cheeks. The first ones since their deaths. Then, they went quiet. Y/n looked up and with his last breath her dad said directly to her. "It's all your fault. You are not my daughter"

They were dead. Her family was laying on the ground, eyes open with hate. Hate towards her. "I'm so sorry" Y/n started mumbling again. She hated herself for feeling relieved that they stopped talking. She hated herself.

Hate.

That was all that she felt towards herself.

Pure hate.

'You should have been the one to die' the words of her brother echoed through her mind as she closed her eyes and cried.

Wanda looked at the girl, curled up on the floor to a small ball. She didn't want to, but she felt bad for what she did as she read the mind of the girl. Looking so vulnerable, so broken. She could've killed her. There, at the exact moment. But she didn't. All she did, was stepping back.

 All she did, was stepping back

Completing her mission.