diluc.

so i decided on this chapter by drawing lots lmao

so i decided on this chapter by drawing lots lmao. the suggestions from the previous chapter, some suggestions messaged to me, and some ideas i had were written on paper and i picked one...so here we go. some poor diluc hours.

this is not at all related to the story unlike the xiao chapter.

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

Diluc worked in a cafe business. In fact, his coffee shop business boomed and became one of the most famous coffee shops in the world. It was once his father's business, and it was passed down to him when his father passed. He didn't really like it at first, but he found himself loving it little by little.

The only time Diluc came by to visit a branch of Angel's Share cafe was to supervise them, or occasionally buy some drinks. As ironic as it may sound, he was never a fan of coffee. He would only ever order hot chocolate or anything else that isn't coffee.

His step-brother, on the other hand, seemed to live off of coffee. There wasn't a day where Kaeya wasn't overdosing with a cup of black coffee so early in the morning. But Diluc couldn't really blame him. Kaeya was one of the top students in their university, and he was bound to need a cup or more of heavy coffee.

His mind wandered.

There was once a regular of that specific branch of Angel's Share that intrigued Diluc. She would come at the same time everyday, order the same drink, sit at the same place, then leave after an hour. Sometimes, the girl would bring along a friend, said friend would order a drink for himself, and go back to sit with the girl. Diluc noticed she never bought a drink whenever the friend came with her.

Diluc would often take her order of black coffee, in which he was almost surprised if it weren't for the fact that Kaeya drank it four times each day.

Hana, he remembered her name. Of course, he always asked for her name whenever he wrote it down on a coffee cup. She never really questioned him, and Diluc assumed she never really took notice of him or remembered. He remembered her looking very hesitant whenever she ordered, as if having a mental battle whether she should take a risk or not.

It was funny. Diluc enjoyed watching her face scrunch up as she stuttered out a "j-just...just a cup of b-b-black coffee, please..." and the look on her face every time she took a sip and pretended that everything was fine.

Diluc chuckled to himself at the memory. He had a feeling the girl didn't particularly like the drink she kept ordering, and sometimes he wanted to ask her why she was forcing herself to order it all the time. Was it a dare? Part of her morning routine or something?

That was a year ago. The girl stopped coming by Angel's Share one day, but he occasionally saw her friend. At first, Diluc didn't really care and thought that the girl might have been busy with school. She wanted to become a hero, Diluc remembered hearing from her friend one time. He never bothered remembering his name, but he did remember that the male that frequently came with her had two different hair colors.