Hanging Out

"Bennett, watch out!"

"Huh? What was that Ra- Ow!"

"You okay Bennett?"

"Ah. Uh. Yeah I'm fine." I wave my hand towards Razor while I cover the side of my face, where I had been hit with a ball.

Razor and I are currently in Wolvendom, he wanted me to go hunting with him and his pack. I've never gone hunting with Razor before, so I thought it would be fun.

But right now it seems he's busy playing with the smaller wolves in his pack, with a ball Klee gave them yesterday. We made sure that it wasn't anything explosive, knowing Klee's way of suprise gifts.

"You sure? I sorry." Razor sits down beside me, telling the other wolf's to continue playing while handing them the ball, at least I think that's what happened, I cant speak to them the way he does.

"Hey. Razor, it's okay, you can keep playing with them. It was only an accident."

"But you hurt."

"Huh, but I'm fine-" Razor lifts his arms, rapping them around me. sudently, he raises the cloth from behind my back up to my head

"Razor, what are you-" he locks his eyes onto mine.

"Bunny. Cute."

'Close'

I push Razor back a bit, just enough so he would let go of my clothes and not be so close.

"Razor, you shouldn't do sudden things like that."

He looks at me, seemingly surprised by my reaction. His gaze seems to drift off into his thoughts.

"Hey, razor" I lightly grab hold of his shoulders, shaking him gently;
He seems to break away from whatever he might have been thinking.

"how about we go hunting now? That is what we came to do after all."

"Yes. Let's hunt."

He runs over to his pack, I'm guessing to tell them we're ready to hunt.

I think back to how razor had zoned out a moment ago. He isn't someone to usually do that.

'Did I push him to hard?'

We've messed around like that before and he's never reacted like how he did today.

'Is there something on his mind?'

Razor has always been pretty carefree about things, and thinking that something might be troubling him, makes me wonder.

'What could it be?'

I hear Razor shout my name. He is now standing with the bigger wolves in his pack.

'The wanderer from Wolfvendom'

That's what many people call him in Mond. People tend to make him seem mysterious and scary, but since meeting him in the Thousand Winds Temple, I've learned he's nothing like that at all.

I walk over to them and smile at the thought, and I'm glad to have razor as a friend.

"You, better?" Razor asks.

"I'm good, let's go."

The hunting didnt go very well. We barely managed to get anything. I kept messing up, startling the boars, I nearly got trampled by one too, but Razor had pulled me aside just in time.

We are now sitting underneath a tree, relaxing, hidden from the sun.

I look to Razor who's seemed down ever since.

'Its my fault'

I probably shouldn't have gone hunting with them.

"Hey, since the hunt didnt go so well want to go buy some meat from Sara at Good Hunter?" I offer, trying to cheer him up.

"I could cook us some stuff."

He expression seemed to lighten after my offer as he nodded.

"Come on." I grab his hand, lifting him up from where we had been sitting, and we begin to head towards Mondstadt.

And as we got there, Good Hunter just happened to be closed.

In the end, Razor went back to Wolfvendom, seeming more down than before, while I head back home.

'Dammit'