"Moody's Mood for Love" - Part 2

Start from the beginning

            "You ain't call me to see if I was busy? I'm your friend, too."

            She laughed a little and said, "I figured you were on a date or something. You're usually with your women on the weekends."

            "My women? Shorty, I ain't got women."

            "Mmm hmm. What are you up to?"

            "Shit, I'm downstairs at your building door with some pizzas and wings."

            "Boy, stop playing." When Marcus hit the buzzer for her apartment downstairs, she shook her head and said, "You are something else. Hold on." She laughed again as she made her way over to the buzzer by her door and hit the button to unlock the door downstairs. She then opened her apartment door and asked, "What kind of pizzas did you get?"

            "One is your favorite, supreme with sliced jalapeno peppers. The other is pepperoni, Italian sausage, and extra cheese."

            "Ooh, get up here fast, papi. Sabes lo que necesito."

            "See, what I done told you about callin' me out my name in Spanish or Haitian Creole?"

            "Boy, all I said was you know what I need. I didn't call you out your name...this time." When he arrived in her doorway, she ended the phone call and asked, "What if I wasn't home?"

            "Shit, I didn't even think about that." He entered her apartment and she closed the door.

            "Let me get some plates and something to drink. You want some Michelob, soda, juice or water?"

            "I don't know why you always ask me that knowin' I'm gonna say Michelob."

            She rolled her eyes and said, "You did want apple juice one time. Dang." She went into the kitchen and grabbed some plates for them and two bottles of Michelob from her refrigerator. When she went back out into the living room, she placed the plates and beer on the coffee table and said, "Ooh, that pizza smells so good. I don't know how you knew I was hungry but thank you."

            As she sat beside him and opened one of the pizza boxes, Marcus looked at her and said, "I like seein' you like this."

            "Like what?"

            "Your hair wrapped up, no makeup on, them lil' divider things on your toes; you've been lettin' me see you like this a lot lately."

            "Well, that's because we're friends. There are times when I show up at your place and you come to the door musty."

            Marcus laughed and said, "Yo, I'm never musty."

            "That's what you think." She laughed as she began eating and added, "You keep your place clean, though. And you're the only straight man I've ever known who keeps wet wipes in the bathroom."

            "Those are a necessity. My boys clown me about that but I don't give a damn. I like to keep my draws clean."

            "I hear that." She picked up her remote and turned her TV on before accessing the Netflix app. "What type of movie are you in the mood for?"

            "To be honest with you, I didn't come over to eat and watch a movie. I came over to eat and talk. Angelique, we've been kickin' it regularly since like January and there's a lot I still don't know about you."

            "Well, you know that I'm trans. You know that I got thrown out by my family when I was younger. You know that my last boyfriend was killed. Marcus, you do know a lot about me."