O n e

Chapter one

"GSW left shoulder. He needs it removed immediately!" A doctor says rushing the gurney over, a man laying unconsciously on top of it.

"Got it"  My scrub nurses rush him into the emergency room whilst I scrub in and get straight to work.

Poor guy, everyday more and more people have been coming in with gunshot wounds.

I find it crazy how anyone would want to hurt someone like that. It just baffles me but heck if I know.

I carefully take out the bullet after 4 hours of a long and difficult surgery. The wound only just avoided his main arteries. He is extremely lucky, the shot is millimetres away from his heart.

"He needs to be checked up on every 2 hours. Great work guys." I tell my colleges finish and the other doctor wheels him out and into another room to be supervised. Being the best doctor in the hospital has its ups and downs, I love helping people, choosing to be a doctor is the best choice I've ever made.

I walk out of the emergency room after taking my gloves off, making  my way through the long corridor.

As I walk through the waiting room, I glance at someone. A man, he look angry- no furious. The man glances back with a cold look, staring into my eyes. I shake my head and continue walking.

Checking my next few patients, I give them their daily meds before I head to my boss' office.

"You wanted me sir?" I ask, smiling up at him.

"Yes, I was just wondering if you could teach some of the students in training ?"..."as your the best doctor here" He adds giving me a questioning look. "Of course sir, is that it?"

"Yes that would be all" He dismisses me so I smile exiting the room.

My shift is now finished so I exit the hospital. As I'm driving home I listen to some music and sing my heart out like I'm on the voice.

I quickly park in the drive, get out of the car and lock it before unlocking the front door and entering my house.

I need a shower so I go straight upstairs and get in, quickly scrubbing my body, shaving and washing my hair.

Once I'm done, I get out and change into some pj's, order some pizza and jump on my cozy bed stretching across it.

I'm so tired from being at work today. The surgery definitely knackered me.

And after a few hours of netflix I fell asleep.

                       ~°~

I've woke up this morning feeling sick so Ive decided to call work and have the day off.

I start to get slightly hungry so I make myself some pancakes for breakfast and sit on the sofa to put on a random movie.

Tomorrow I have to teach some students in training, hopefully they won't be too bad. Ive had some awful ones before. They nearly killed two of my patients and I had to kick them off the programme. As horrible as it sounds, we can't put others lives at risk.

I spend the day watching a series on netflix and I take some more paracetamol.

My mind wonders off completely and forget the time, by time I even look at my phone Its about 5pm so decide to make some cheesy pasta.

God I really need to go shopping I'm almost on empty.

I've eaten and it was delicious but I also decide to message my brother. I haven't spoken to him in a while.