#30

(Insurgent)

(A/N: Here's my favourite parts of when Tris is on peace serum😂)

"That's why you like me!" I exclaim. "Because you're not very nice either! It makes so much more sense now."
"Come on," he says. "We're going to see Johanna."
"I like you, too."
"That's encouraging," he replies flatly. "Come on. Oh, for God's sake. I'll just carry you."
He swings me into his arms, one arm under my knees and the other around my back. I wrap my arms around his neck and plant a kiss on his cheek.
---------------------------------------------
"What did you do to her?" Tobias says, terse. "What in God's name did you do?"
"I . . ." Johanna frowns at me. "They must have given her too much. She's very small; they probably didn't take her height and weight into account."
"They must have given her too much of what?" he says.
"You have a nice voice," I say.
"Tris," he says. "please be quiet."
---------------------------------------------
I almost fall down the stairs because of the swaying and burst into laughter when the grass tickles my bare feet. I wander toward the orchard.
---------------------------------------------
"Tris?" says a voice from the trees on my right. It almost sounds like the tree is talking to me. I giggle, but of course it's just Tobias, ducking under a branch.
---------------------------------------------
"What did they-" he starts, but I stop him with my lips. He kisses me back, but too quickly, so I sigh heavily.
"That was lame," I say. "Okay, no it wasn't, but . . ."
I stand on my tiptoes to kiss him again, and he presses his finger to my lips to stop me.
"Tris," he says. "What did they do to you? You're acting like a lunatic."
"That's not very nice of you to say," I say. "They put me in a good mood, that's all. And now I really want to kiss you, so if you could just relax-"
"I'm not going to kiss you. I'm going to figure out what's going on," he says.
---------------------------------------------
"Can you tell me where to find Tobias?" I say. When I imagine his face, affection for him bubbles up inside me, and all I want to do is kiss him. "Four, I mean. He's handsome, isn't he? I don't really know why he likes me so much. I'm not very nice, am I?"
"Not most of the time, no," the man says. "But I think you could be, if you tried."
"Thank you," I say. "That's nice of you to say."