"i'm meeting hazel at rocket rollers."

she covered her mouth in shock. "bethany lee's daughter, hazel?" mom started to giggle. "of course you and her are meeting together."

"mom, it's not what you think it is." i rolled my eyes.

"yeah susan, let the kid be. it might be for school purposes or something." dad added after sipping a cup of coffee.

"i know i know but...oh my," mom chuckled. "i just-can't believe you're meeting up with hazel, she's such a sweetheart. it's good to know that not only you and your brother are bonding with each other, but also with hazel!"

i sighed. "mom, hazel and i aren't dating. we're just friends."

"mhm, i know." mom smirked as she got back to her table.

"i'll be back after lunch, i promise." i slammed the door as i ran my way out of the house then to my van. "oh shit wait, i forgot my keys!"

⟩⟩⟩

about an hour later, i got inside rocket rollers then heard hazel's voice and echoing on the rink. which was a relief since i thought lost her.

"am i doing it? am i doing it right teacher hazel?" the kid asked as she tried to balance her arms whilst skating.

"yes sweetie, you're doing great!" hazel cheered in glee, assisting other kids to balance on their shoes.

"but teacher, i'm scared. i don't want to fall on the floor." one of the kids spoke, hugging hazel tightly on her waist.

"aw it's okay carlos, you don't have to feel bad about yourself." hazel crouched down, holding the little boy's cheek. "if hayley can do it, so can you! it's okay if you accidentally slip on the floor. here, don't worry, i will help you with the others." she held the kid's hand then started to skate slowly with the other kids.

as i tried to walk closer towards the rink, a guy wearing the staff's uniform yelled my name which startled me.

"hey you," the guy shouted, making me point at myself in confusion. "yeah you! weren't you banned here for messing up one of the customers here?"

"relax robbie rotten, he's with me!" hazel spoke as she skated along with her students. "i undo-ed his ban, he said he's changed for the better!"

"ye-yeah! what she said..." i cleared my throat and smirked, leaning on the side of the rink.

robin rolled his eyes. "sure whatever, but i still got my eyes on you." he shook his head, watching hazel as well.

after a few minutes of them skating, hazel eventually tripped, making her fall harshly to the floor.

"ouch," she laughs along, rolling herself to the floor. "don't worry! i'm okay!"

"so rodrick, right?" robin questioned. "how did you know hazel?"

"oh she and i go to the same school so we've pretty much known each other for a while now." i shrugged. "we just happened to interact more these days."

"she's pretty cool though, isn't she?" he sighed. "ever since she got hired here, i started to adore how committed she was doing her work. look, not only is she good at skating, she's great with kids too."