She didn't understand the big deal of the first game, but maybe because she use to go to a private school.

"Okay, I'll go only because I wanna the hype." She agreed and Sydney squealed loudly.

"Good, and while we're there we're going to find you a boo cause there be some fine boys out there."

Blu shook her head, "Yeah, no. I'm not doing no relationship with any of theses boys here. Have you seen them?" She remarked and Sydney roll her eyes.

"There's some really cute boys here, some on the football team. You have Austin, Mario, and ooh Jahseh." Sydney cooed, Blu scrunched up her face at Sydney.

She noticed that a lot of girls here obsessed over Jahseh like crazy. She seen the many girls drool over him during class including Brittney. Overhearing some girls talking about how cute he was and how they wanted him to pipe them down. She found it weird, mainly because she didn't understand the hype over him.

He was just a cute guy that was somewhat rude and plays football. Nothing really special, but she could be wrong.

"Why do y'all go crazy over him?" She finally asked, playing with her nails.

"Who? Jahseh?" Blu nodded her head and Sydney smile a little.

"Umm, have you seen him? He's fine as hell and his eyes are so beautiful." She answered.

"That's it?"

"Uh, yeah. He's fine, you can't deny that whatsoever."

"And he is, but it seems like your only going for looks? What about his personality? How he takes care of a woman? Is he loving and caring in a relationship? Is he loyal? It's not really all about looks." Blu told her, Sydney rolling her eyes at her.

"Blu, we're high schoolers not adults. Nowadays all were worrying about is whether or not the dude looks good and if he have a big dick. And I heard he does." Sydney said shrugging her shoulders.

Blu shook her head not even bothering to speak on it anymore. She just didn't understand some girls.

Her attention quickly went on the double doors that opened. The football team walked in and all the girls stopped and stare at them.

"Heyyyy boys!" Sydney and the cheerleaders dragged waving at them. A few of the boys waved back and started walking over to them.

Blu noticed all the high pitched voices all the girls talked with. She shook her head then look over seeing Jahseh sitting on the last bleacher away from them.

She was still curious as to why girls were obsessed with him.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"You don't have to call! It's okay girl, cause imma be alright tonight!" Blu sung loudly trying to make her mom mad.

"Girl, if you don't shut the hell up!" Crystal told her and Blu started laughing.

She sat up on her bed then fixed her laptop. She started posing in the camera as she as one FaceTime with her mom.

"Girl, you ugly as fuck." Crystal told her, Blu mouth dropping over.

"Ma'am, I look just like you, so your ugly." Blu retorted, laughing afterwards.

"I'm not ugly, you look like your ugly ass daddy." Crystal said back and Blu roll her eyes.

"If my daddy so ugly, why you mess with him? Huh, miss ma'am?" Blu asked and she her mom flipped her off.

Blu started laughing. Her and her mom had a tight connection. They were like best friends, but still mother and daughter. Crystal Ross was an old school mom mixed with new school. Since Blu was her only daughter and only child, she was a little easy on her. She spoiled Blu, but to a certain extent.

She set boundaries and made sure that Blu felt comfortable to talk to her whenever. But, she also set boundaries because she was still the mother and adult. Blu was fine with that because she grew up trusting her mother and being alright with talking to her about anything.

Their relationship wasn't perfect and they went through their ups and downs. But, their connection was so tight, none of that got in the way of it.

"While we're talking about him, do you know if he'll be home for my graduation?" Blu asked, the tone in her voice changing.

She haven't seen her dad and she missed him dearly. He missed birthdays and the last thing she wanted was for him to miss her walking across the stage.

"I'm not sure babe. You know how the military is." Crystal answered, seeing the sadness in her daughters face.

Regardless of what Crystal went through Blu father, she knew for sure he was a good dad. And even though parents shouldn't have favorites, she knew Blu was her dad's favorite. He also made sure to come see her, pick her up and take her out, and spend time with her. Of course Brittney tagged along since he didn't want her to feel left out.

But, between the two girls, Blu and her dad were much closer. It was just something about her.

Blu sigh, "Right." She muttered, losing interest in the conversation.

"Don't be sad blueberry cause he'll be home in no time. But, in the meantime, your uncle delivered the rest of our things to the house and I'll be down there next week. And when I get there imma need you to tell me all the tea." Crystal said, trying to cheer her up.

They had moved down to Maine for a better opportunity. Crystal ended up getting a new job down there that she couldn't deny. Moving was hard and Blu didn't want to, but she wanted her mom to be happy with her new job. Blu had came during the summer, so she could start school on time while her mom got everything together.

Now, they were here starting a new life.

"I can't wait." Blu muttered, a frown still on her face. As much as she loved to see her mom, her dad was the only person she was wanting home.

She prayed he came back.

"Look, pooh imma call you back okay and stop being sad. I love you blueberry." Her mom said, Blu smirking a little at her nickname.

"I hate that nickname." She said and Crystal chuckled.

"Well, you shouldn't have gotten a blueberry stuck up your nose. Now, your stuck with the name."

Blu roll her eyes playfully, "Whatever, but I love you too ma."

They both blew kisses to each other before hanging up. Blu closed her laptop, putting it off to the side then laid down on her bed. She stare at the wall while she played with the stuff animal her dad won her when she little.

She shut her eyes and she was able to hear her dad voice singing to her.

She miss him so bad.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄