Goyle let out another angry huff and went to punch her once more but Mattheo had reached forward and grabbed Goyles wrist tightly in his hand.

Goyle looked back at him in anger but when he saw the look on Mattheo's face he cowered slightly and put his arm back down towards his side. Mattheo gave the girl one last look before the group of boys piled out of the compartment.

A second later, Hermione Granger had come back in. "What has been going on?" she said, looking at them all.

"You've met Malfoy before?" Harry explained about their meeting in Diagon Alley.

"I've heard of his family," said Ron darkly. "They were some of the first to come back to our side after You-Know-Who disappeared. Said they'd been bewitched. My dad doesn't believe it. He says Malfoy's father didn't need an excuse to go over to the Dark Side." 

He turned to Hermione. "Can we help you with something?"

"You'd better hurry up and put your robes on, I've just been up to the front to ask the conductor, and he says we're nearly there. You haven't been fighting, have you? You'll be in trouble before we even get there!"

"Hey only Kirra has been fighting, not us," said Ron, scowling at her but shut up when he caught the glare Kirra was sending him.

"Would you mind leaving while we change?"

"All right — I only came in here because people outside are behaving very childishly, racing up and down the corridors," said Hermione in a sniffy voice. "And you've got dirt on your nose, by the way, did you know?" Ron glared at her as she left.

"Alright, I'll go get changed in the bathrooms, I'll be back soon" Kirra muttered out softly and grabbed her stuff and left to go to the bathrooms.

The train slowed right down and finally stopped. People pushed their way toward the door and out on to a tiny, dark platform. Kirra shivered in the cold night air, she hadn't managed to find her brother since when she came out of the bathroom everyone was crowding the halls to get out of the train.

Then a lamp came bobbing over the heads of the students, and Kirra heard a familiar voice: "Firs' years! Firs' years over here! All right there, Kirra? Wheres yeh brother" Hagrid's big hairy face beamed over the sea of heads.

"somewhere in the crowd" she muttered up to him and he nodded his head softly

"C'mon, follow me — any more firs' years? Mind yer step, now! Firs' years follow me!" Slipping and stumbling, they followed Hagrid down what seemed to be a steep, narrow path. It was so dark on either side of them that Kirra thought there must be thick trees there. 

Nobody spoke much. Neville, the boy who kept losing his toad, sniffed once or twice. "Yeh'll get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec," Hagrid called over his shoulder, "jus' round this bend here."

There was a loud "Oooooh!" The narrow path had opened suddenly onto the edge of a great black lake. Perched atop a high mountain on the other side, its windows sparkling in the starry sky, was a vast castle with many turrets and towers. 

"No more'n four to a boat!" Hagrid called, pointing to a fleet of little boats sitting in the water by the shore. Kirra looked around once more to see if she could find her brother but she had no luck

"Lost?" she heard a familiar voice from behind her and she let out a small sigh before turning to look up at the boy who had the same smirk on his face

"No, I'm just looking for my brother" she muttered out with a sigh and Mattheo looked around sarcastically before looking back down at her, "I'm going to be going in the boat with him"