Butterflies

We entered the party, lights flashing and music blasting making my eardrums bound.

"I'm grabbing a drink" I said loudly to be heard over the music.

"Sure I'll be there in a sec" Bucky shouted.

I threw him a quick thumbs up and walked over to the bar ordering a drink. The bartender handed me a drink and I gave him a nod of thanks. Even though the serum didn't allow me to get drunk, I still drunk.

I brang the drink up to my lips swallowing down the liquor, it burning lightly on the back of my throat.

"Hey can I get you a drink?" A voice slurred behind me.

I rolled my eyes and turned around to see an awfully drunk guy. He was stumbling slightly, sweat trickling down the side if his face.

"I think I'll pass" I said.

"Oh come on baby" He reached over grabbing my shoulder.

I inhaled and grabbed his hand twisting it behind his back, him letting out a not so manly scream.

"Stay the hell away from me" I whispered in his ear before releasing his grip before he ran off.

"I was about to come help but I see you had that under control" Sam said from behind me.

I turned around to face me a small smile playing on my face.

"The guy was weak" I joked.

"Also a major asshole" Sam chuckled, lifting up his glass.

"I'll drink to that" I muttered.

I looked around the room at all the people dancing, sweaty bodies moving around the room, very out of rhythm too. Then I spotted Zemo.

"Oh my god Sam look" I said.

I leaned over and rested my hand on his shoulder pointing over to Zemo who was busting out his best moves.

"Oh that's brilliant" Sam laughed loudly.

"Who knew one of the most wanted men was such a good dancer" I joked.

"Oh I think I could do better" Sam smirked at me.

"Oh really Wilson you think you can beat that" I laughed pointing at Zemo's highly uncoordinated dancing.

"Oh trust me babygirl I can do much better than that" Sam said biting his lower lip.

"Alright then Wilson show me what you got" I chuckled.

Without warning Sam grabbed my hand dragging me out into the dance floor.

"No Sam" I complained.

"Oh come on dance with me" Sam said and he began dance.

I let out a laugh and shook my head before beginning to dance along with him.

"Aye there it is I actually think you might be better than our god old sugar daddy over there" Sam laughed.

"Oh hell no Sam no one can out do Zemo" I joked.

Sam laughed and grabbed my hand spinning me around making me laugh. He pulled me into him for a second before extending me back out as we danced along to the music.

"That was fun" Sam said panting, slightly out of breath.

"It really was I must say Sam you have some pretty good moves" I teased elbowing him in the side.

"You doubted me?" He asked holding his chest in fake heart.

"I did actually I really thought you would be hella stiff but you did suprise me Wilson" I joked.

Sam shook his head and reached his arm over my shoulder shaking me lightly.

"Hey I was kidding" I laughed playfully pushing him back.

"I know I know, you know you weren't so bad yourself you actually looked pretty good out there on the dance floor" Sam smirked at me bringing a drink to his lips.

"Are you trying to flirt with me Wilson?" I asked biting my lip.

"Maybe I am Barnes?" He shrugged.

Before I could retort Bucky walked over to us ordering himself a drink. I cleared my throat stepping away from Sam I knew Bucky would make some unnecessary comment.

"I'm probably going to head back soon try get some rest before tomorrow" Bucky said loudly.

"Ok I'll see you later Buck" I said giving him a half hug.

"Look after my sister" Bucky said pointing a finger at Sam.

Sam nodded and lifted his beer bottle up at Bucky. Bucky smiled and walked away heading back to get some rest.

"How about one more dance?" Sam asked extending a hand out.

As if right on cue a slower song started to play. I didn't know whether to curse or thank the DJ.

"Fine then" I replied talking Sam's head.

Sam smiled and pulled me out onto the dance floor holding me flush against his body as we swayed to the music.

I had to admit, it was actually quite nice. I rested my head on his shoulder, exhaustion starting to take over. He moved his hands from on my hips to wrapping around them holding me in a hug.

Butterflies filled my stoumach as be pulled me closer. No Y/n this is ridiculous you've only known this man for what 2/3 days you should not be feeling like this. So I pushed that feeling down.

Once the song we pulled apart both, embarrassed smiles on our faces.

"We should head back" Sam said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah we should" I replied.

Sam rested his hand on the small of my back leading me out of the room, keeping it there even after we had left the crowds.

We entered the living room where Sharon was still up, she was talking on the phone before hanging it up turning to face me.

"There's only one room left, you guys can use the master bedroom down the left" Sharon pointed.

"I can just sleep on the couch" Sam said nervously.

"No I'll be sleeping here, you guys are the guests" Sharon smirked at us.

Oh I knew exactly what she was planning. Screw her also thank you Sharon. I honestly didn't know what to feel.

"I can just sleep on the floor Sam it's fine I'm used to it" I said.

"Y/n no you take the bed" He said as we started walking towards the room.

"Our you can share the bed, I mean you're both adults" Sharon shouted after us.

Screw her.

"I mean we could, I promise I won't try anything" Sam said lifting his hands up in mock defense.

"Yeah it's fine and it's a uh massive bed we won't even touch eachother" I said nervously.

I went and got changed into some clothes Sharon left out for me before climbing into bed next to Sam. Thankfully the bed was quite big so we weren't touching.

"I uh goodnight" Sam said nervously.

"Um yeah goodnight" I replied flicking the light off turning off the light.

*I know the sharing the bed trope so clìche but I had to I'm sorry!!!