These facts were what grounded him and put his mind at ease.

At least, his mind was at ease, until last week.

His mind was at ease until Nazareth happened.

Because of course, Nazareth would happen.

---

Aurelion was currently sitting in his study room with a report of his brother's activities piled on top of his table.

Rainier had secretly delivered his reports to him in the middle of the night. The reports were well organized and to the point, though one particular detail caught his eye.

"So he intends to remove the markings on your face?"

Rainier nodded his head, his lips remaining subtly upturned in a faint smile, giving away nothing of his thoughts.

Aurelion didn't bother scrutinizing him. It was hard to read Rainier when he wore the blindfold.

He eyed the man's posture.

Rainier's back was pulled taut and straight. There was a slight tension on his shoulder that could be overlooked if not for the current topic of their conversation.

"Young Master Nazareth believes his new project would undo the marks. He confirms these are the final drafts." The servant brought out a large stack of papers, no doubt copied from the papers he managed to find in his brother's bedroom.

Aurelion raised a brow. The amount of paper that Rainier took out from his jacket was a lot. It made him nervous once it was placed in front of him.

His brother's new project... it seemed more complicated than he expected.

The papers had what looked to be hand-drawn diagrams etched from a pen. There was nothing particularly special about them. The color of the ink seemed normal, too. It didn't look like blood.

He took a quick look at the diagrams, flipping through them with some interest. Soon, however, his expression turned unsightly at the images in front of him.

This...

What was this...?

The diagrams looked like they'd been drawn by a three-year-old!

Aurelion brought the drawings closer to his face.

The symbols on the papers consisted of crooked lines weaving together haphazardly. In the very center were wiggly lines that halfway encircled another diamond-like shape which questionably looked more like a big and ugly circle with three dots.

Overall, it appeared as if there were several attempts to make the lines "loopy" and whimsical, but failure was inevitable.

He skimmed through the uglier drawings.

Each diagram was marked with prototype numbers—or at least, he assumed they were prototype numbers.

The impressionistic pieces that were his brother's drawings were difficult to understand. It gave him a migraine the longer he looked at them.

There were no labels to indicate what each line meant, and no step-by-step instructions on how he got this design. It looked like he'd just doodled some random pictures and called it a day!

Nazareth never labeled anything. One would wonder how he was able to make sense of his creations. It could be a mix of obsession and genius, and though impressive, it was equally terrifying.

They found nothing about Rainier's mark. They were likely burned years ago. But some of these sketches looked eerily similar to the one on the servant's face.