' did he intentionally didn't tell us eren's position? He's not trusting us? '

_____________

Later that they they were lead to an old castle that was a HQ , to grab their uniforms. But they were surprised with the presence of Eren.

“oh ? That's Eren .” I point out to jean as we approach him from behind. “ yeah...”

“ so , only jean , y/n , Annie and Marco joined the Military police?”

Eren asked the group standing Infront of him but turned around as he heard footsteps from behind. He was now face to face with jean and y/n , who were looking blankly at him.

“ no way ! Not you guys too! ” Eren exclaims in surprise up on seeing us.

“ Marco is dead.”    

' thanks for bringing it up jean'

“ what was that? Did you say Marco's dead?” Eren asks in disbelief.

' yeah it's hard to believe ik.'

“ seems not everyone gets a dramatic death. I don't even know how he died .” jean stated and looks down at the ground. “ he died without anyone knowing , or anyone seeing.” he finishes.

“ Marco....” now Eren looks devastated.

I tsk and look away , fighting back tears. Thankfully , squad leader came to our rescue and calls us to take our uniform.

Clothed with capes , with wings of freedom engraved on it's back. 
Now that they're officially part of survey corps , the weight of their duty downed on y/n's shoulders.

' is that it? That's what are you gonna do till you die ? ......it better fucking worth it.'

_________

As night falls , the new recruits , along with Eren , resided inside the castle til the morning to start their first mission outside the wall.
Yes , they were also assigned to take part in it even tho they just joined.

“ yo , Eren . I heard that when you turned into titan , you tried to kill mikasa. What does that mean? ”
Jean asks , starting yet another possible banter.

' oh , of course he had to say that. '

“ no , Eren was trying to hit a fly_”

“ I wasn't talking to you .”

' now that's new.... snapping at your crush.'

“ now Mikasa , it looks like the wound on your cheek is pretty bad.”

jean points it out , making Mikasa covering it.

Finally Eren speaks out.

“ I've heard it's true. When I became a titan , I tried killing mikasa.”

“ if you heard , then you don't remember it right?
In other words , you had no idea you even had this titan power , and you don't have the means to control it.”

jean stated his analysis , making us uncomfortable.

“ yeah , that's right. ”

Jean then turns around and speaks to the rest of us.
“ did you hear that ? This is the situation. We'll probably die like Marco , without Eren ever realizing it.”

' that's.....true.'

This seems to anger Mikasa as she defends Eren , like she always does.
“ jean , what's the point in asking Eren these questions now? "