five.

Part 5

Doctors were something that Nathan had always found anxiety in. Even though his fiance was a nurse- he was very much under the impression that going to a hospital meant you were sick. And the fact that they were there for Y/N just made him feel nervous.

In reality he knew that they were only there for an ultrasound- there was nothing wrong with her as far as he was aware. She had been taking all of her prenatal vitamins and she had been taking less and less shifts to avoid stressing her body out. She was doing everything she was supposed to.

Sitting in the waiting room, Nathan couldn't stop tapping his leg. He was shaking and just wanted to talk to the doctor that would be performing the ultrasound. Y/N was about 21 weeks pregnant and Nathan just couldn't wait to hear whether they were going to have a boy or a girl.

They would be flying home to nova scotia to tell their parents that they were pregnant that weekend- so hopefully they could take some ultrasound pictures back to them.

Glancing up from her phone, Y/N noticed just how panicked nathan was. She reached out- taking his hand. A glittering ring sparkling from her finger. Their wedding had been a small ceremony between their friends in colorado. They just went to the city hall and then had some people over to the house afterwards. She knew her parents were going to be pretty upset about that.

"Nate- baby look at me." Y/N hummed, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. Finally meeting her gae the man nodded softly. "I'm here im fine."

Chuckling, the girl couldn't help but coo at him. "The baby is fine, I'm fine, you're fine- were all okay. If me and the baby were not okay, the doctor would have called us in right away." she reassured him.

Taking a deep breath, the man held his composure, the tapping in his legs slowly slightly. He closed his eyes for a moment before wrapping his arm around the back of Y/N's shoulders and pulling her close to his chest. She rested her head against him and he kissed the top of her head.

They were learning as they went, but he knew that she would be okay. And he knew that he would be okay.

"Y/N?"

As the woman's name was called, both Y/N and Nathan stood up. Breathing heavily as they greeted the doctor with a smile and headed into the room. It was sterile and white- the smell of medical cleaner brushed along Y/N's nose, the scent making her cringe.

If there was one thing that made her sick easily, it was the smell of hospital rooms- it was so stale and chemically. It was absolutely awful.

"Hi. I'm doctor Robins. I'll be performing your ultrasound today." The blonde woman stuck her hand out to take Nathan's. This was the first appointment that he had been able to attend, but YN and DR. Robins were well acquainted by now.

"Hi Arizona." Y/N grinned. She usually worked with the pediatric floor during her rotations, so she had met Dr.Robins many times before.

Arizona grinned and winked at Y/N. "Hey sweetheart." She was also one of the first friends that Y/N had made at the hospital when she started there.

"We've done this before- so just like last time its gonna be cold and then we'll send you with some pictures of your baby." she grinned.

Y/N looked up excitedly, her face lit up instantly. "Is there any chance we can learn the sex of the baby?" she asked.

Nathan stiffened, he really wanted to know if they would be having a boy or a girl. If he was being honest he didn't care if it was a boy or a girl. He would love them both the same and he just wanted them to be happy, healthy and loved.

Arizona grinned. "Yes we can."

Y/N grabbed onto Nathan's hand tightly. Her heart beating erratically in her chest. She didn't know if she was going to cry or scream. In all honesty, Nathan felt the same way.

They went through the ultrasound with no issues, both the momma and the baby were healthy which was more than they could ask for.

"So just to be one hundred percent sure, you two want to know the gender of the baby?" The doctor asked kindly, the last thing she wanted was to ruin a surprise for them.

At the same time, both Y/N and Nathan practically screamed 'Yes'

Arizona grinned. "Congrats... You're having a boy." she told them.

Y/N had tears in her eyes and Nathan clapped excitedly. They were ecstatic. Nathan smirked at his wife. "We're gonna have a future hockey player on our hands." The woman laughed softly and wiped her tears. "Just like daddy." she kissed him.

Cleaning the goo from her stomach, Y/N fixed her clothes and they were able to head home that night- happiness radiating from them.