FOURTEEN. (midnight swimming)

Start bij het begin

    Kiara walked over and turned up the radio, some random song playing off of it. JJ and I were still tossing fries at each other and we were now making faces too. Pope amusingly watched.

    JJ nudged his foot against mine under the table. When I looked up at the boy he was turning his head, looking between Kiara and John B. Kiara was motioning for John B to get up and dance with her. I watched as they did, the two swaying in sync with each other. I could almost swear I felt jealous for a second.

    I let a laugh out, standing from my seat and motioning for JJ to get up too. He jumped from his seat causing me to laugh as he walked over to me.

    I started to dance and JJ soon grabbed my hand and twirled me around. Kiara cut in and grabbed my hand, dragging me over and away from JJ.

    I could feel the boys watching as we danced around freely. I could feel John B's eyes on me, and when I turned instead of looking away he smiled and looked into my eyes.

    Kiara made her way over to Pope and pulled him up, all five of us dancing around in the middle of the wreck. Not a single care in the world. At that moment I couldn't even think about anything else, just being there and dancing with them.

    At some point, while we were dancing John B ended up by my side, behind me. I swayed to the side and he followed my actions except he went the opposite way, so when I swayed one way he swayed the other, both of us looking at each other as we did.

    My smile was wide. Kiara grabbed a few beers for us from behind the counter. Mr. Carrera scowled at the girl and us as he was leaving. "lockup before you leave" He shouted over the music to his daughter, Kiara laughed as she responded. "you know I will"

    Mike, Kiara's dad, rolled his eyes before walking out the doors. His absence made us laugh, each of us opening our beers.

    JJ was the only one to not open his beer right away, shaking it slightly and then pointing the can at me."JJ I swear if you spray me with that beer I'll kill-" I began to threaten the boy but was cut off by him proceeding to crack open the beer and spray me with it.

    "I'm gonna kill you" I yelled as I chased after him. He ran out the door and began circling around the restaurant, I was hot on his trail.

    The pogues had run out too, laughing as we ran around outside. "Elle!" Kiara called out, tossing me a beer when I looked up. The look on JJ's face when he realized what Kiara had thrown was priceless. The boy instantly stopped and apologized, trying to make amends.

    "sucks to suck huh," I said as I shook the beer in my hand up, spraying it on the boy as he tried to run away. He stopped running once he noticed the can was empty, making his way back to me.

    JJ began shaking his head like a dog, the beer in his hair flying around and hitting me. I tried to run from him but he grabbed me by the waist. It wasn't hard for JJ to pick me up. I squirmed in his arms as he walked, getting closer to the water.

    "JJ No!" I screamed, fighting harder against his grasp. The pogues were hysterically laughing as they watched JJ toss me into the water. The water was very cold, it felt like a shock to my body. I used to work as a lifeguard in Arizona at the complex pool near my school so I was able to hold my breath for a long time, in this instance I was using it to scare the shit out of JJ.

    "Elle?" He called out and I smiled to myself. "Elaine?" He continued yelling and he reached his hand into the water, trying to reach for me.

    I swam a little over from his arm and swam up, popping out of the water and grabbing onto JJ's arm, pulling him into the water when he wasn't expecting it. I laughed as he surfaced.

    "What the hell? I thought you were drowning" He let out, shoving me. I laughed and the other three were quickly at the edge of the water, looking down at us. Kiara laughed and I watched as she walked away from the group and then seconds later watched as Kiara ran and jumped into the water. John B shrugging and jumping into the water too.

    "C'mon, the waters probably freezing," Pope muttered, the only one not in the water now. "oh c'mon Pope, jump in. It's very relaxing" I told the boy, treading water as I talked. It took him a minute but he finally gave in and jumped in the water too.

    It didn't take long for us to decide to get out. We swam around for a bit, but our clothing was beginning to weigh us down and it was getting uncomfortable. John B got out first, and then JJ. John B reached his arm out, helping me out too. I shivered at the cool breeze that passed. Our clothes were sticking to us as we walked up towards the restaurant.

     "Are you good?" John B asked me, the two of us at the back of the group.

    "yeah just a bit cold, thanks to JJ," I said, looking ahead to the group and at the blonde boy who was pointing his fingers as pistols and 'shooting' things around him. I laughed before focusing back on John B.

    "Here," The boy said as he lifted his arm, giving me space to get closer to his side. I gladly snuggled up to him as we walked. His body heat radiated and warmed me up.

    Not long after, we picked up some of our garbage and cleaned up the wreck before locking the doors and leaving. John B dropped Kiara and me off at Kiara's before he peeled from her driveway and left.

    "Here, something dry to change into," Kiara said as she held out some folded clothes for me to put on. "Thanks," I smiled at the girl, going into the bathroom to change.

    I looked into the mirror, fixing my hair slightly. Kiara had invited me over, claiming we needed testosterone-free girl time.

    "Are you okay?" Kiara asked from outside the door. I snapped out of my thoughts and fixed my hair and clothes one more time before moving.

    "yeah, I'm good, uh where do you want me to put these?" I asked, holding up my damp clothes. "oh, no problem, just throw them in my laundry hamper." She told me before getting onto her bed and reaching for the tv remote.

    "Wanna watch a movie?" Kiara asked as the large tv that hung on Kiara's wall turned on. I almost forgot that Kiara was a kook and had power at her house.

    Kiara's house was huge, with many bedrooms and bathrooms, lots of space and expensive furniture. A grand staircase placed in the center of the bottom floor. "yeah" I answered as I sat next to Kiara on her bed.

    The two of us ended up falling asleep sometime during one of the movies, both of us were exhausted. It had been a long day. We needed our rest, the next few days held a lot more adventures.

And boy were we ready for it.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.