"Celine, no."

"Yes, come on."

"I am not doing this."

I slapped her hand, attempting to loosen the hold she had on my wrist.

"Yes you are, it won't hurt that bad."

"You're already on the chair wearing nothing but a sheet, step one complete."

"I want to go home." I knew I was acting like an insolent child but waxing, was the worst pain.

"We're already here babe."

While Celine and I bickered for a few more minutes, the door to our appointment room was opened and in walked a middle aged woman with a short purple bob and a nose ring hanging from her septum. She wore a nametag with the name Alyssa stamped onto it.

"'Hello, ladies." She spoke with a pronounced new Yorker accent. "Celine, it's good to see you." She brought Celine in for a quick hug and turned to me. "You must be Gianna." At my nervous smile she chuckled. "First time, huh? Don't be worried, I promise it doesn't hurt all that bad."

"Ready for your Brazilian?" my best friend asked, holding back her own laugh from the seat next to me.

"Do I have a choice?" I ask, looking around the classy salon. All the colours were a light pastel and suited the calming vibe perfectly. Not. I was a tremor away from full on shaking.

"Well, sit back and say goodbye to your waxing virginity." She mumbled, concealing a laugh with a devious smile that made my stomach curl up in knots. I have a sinking suspicion I'm going to hate this.

"You'll love it." She says, smoothing down my hair. Yeah, I doubt it.

Alyssa returns with her supplies and begins conversing with me as she fiddles with different wax melts. "Since this is your first time I promise to make it as painless as possible." She sounded sincere and I let out a breath of relief.

"So on a scale from one to ten how painful will it be?"

"Eh, nine." She shrugged nonchalantly.

My heart fell to my ass and I groaned, covering my eyes with my arm.

She explained the process to me in detail which only made me jumpier. Was I overreacting? Definitely not. The technician clapped her hands together and smiled. "For the next half an hour your vag is under my control. Let's get this started." I couldn't help but laugh, not expecting her to say that which made my nerves lessen a great amount. She pursed her lips together and they twitch with entertainment.

"Don't be shy, spread those legs for me, spread 'em wide."

What the fuck? I'm at a loss for words but do as I'm told anyway. Even though this feels like I'm in some cheap low-cut porno. I looked at Celine but she just winked at me and I rolled my eyes. "Calm down, Gi."

I gave her a hard stare. "Calm down? I feel like I'm about to get my ass ate."

"We do that too, if you're interested." Alyssa commented as if she was announcing the weather and my head snapped to her.

"Ass waxing, not eating." she gave me a duh look and I closed my eyes, embarrassed.

"You're going to want to pull your knees back a bit—yeah, just like that. Perfect." I pull them back further so the technician can apply the wax better. Even though I'm in a completely exposed position I can't help but laugh lightly at how funny this memory will be when I look back on it in a few years., which lessens my embarrassment slightly and I began to relax.