I grabbed her shoulders in my hand and shook them lightly. "Get your shit together Cel. I was kidding. You look beautiful." I assured the anxious girl.

"You're sure?" she asked, biting her lip, she then tucked a loose strand of blonde hair behind her ear, a gold earring hung from the bottom of her lobe, reflecting the rays of the sun.       

"One hundred percent. Now, let's go before we arrive way later than we already are."

She nodded and I wasted no time in linking our arms together and dragging her down the street.

A few minutes later, we found ourselves stood inside Lark Café.

"Hi! Welcome to Lark Café! I'll be your waiter today, my names Jacob. Table for two I assume?"

We both smiled at the chirpy waiter in front of us. His silver hair stood out against the matte black uniform he was wearing. A bright smile graced his features and if you were looking closely, which I was, you would notice the shimmering gold gem on his tooth.

I cleared my throat and rocked back and forth in my flat shoes, smoothing down the material of my dress.

"We made a reservation." I spoke up, causing the bubbly man to focus his attention on me. "Should be under Vidal."

"Oh that's right, here it is, right this way."

Jacob led the way through the gardenia themed café and I took the time to scrutinize every detail of the place.

The whole place gave off a fresh, comforting vibe. Multiple thick vines ran down the tall walls, curling around the odd pillar that stood near both the entrance and exit. A shelf was placed against the wall, copious pot plants sat in between each square space, along with a few coffee mugs and different hot beverage options that could probably be seen on the menu.

As we walked further through the rows of tables and chairs, I took note of the happy faces of each and every customer and inwardly smiled.

"So this is our outside patio. Your table is on the far left, next to the Aphrodite statue." I followed his pointer finger and was led to the sight of a small Greek statue sat on top of a rustic silver pillar.

"I'll be back in a few minutes to write down your orders."

The two of us smiled at the boy as he handed us our menus. Without another word, he walked away.

"This place is cute." Celine commented, glancing over the décor.

I hummed in agreement and picked up the white booklet in front of me, skimming over the delicious looking options.

"Az just shot me a text, said she's running late and will be here in five."

I nodded at my best friend and set the menu down after making my choice. "You look so nervous, it's going to be fine." I assured her.

She sighed hesitantly and lazily dropped her head into the pal of her hand. "I just want it to go well, you're both the most important people in my life."

"It will go well. I'm totally a people's person." She rolled her eyes and I was suddenly bombarded with the urge to pee.

"I'll be right back. Don't chicken out and run away okay?"

The last thing I saw was the deep scowl on her face and I laughed all the way to the restroom.

After completing my business, I washed my hands thoroughly and dried them off, turning to face the mirror hung against the wall.

I took the time to finally get a good look at the dress I was comfortably fitted in. it had to have been the most simple yet elegant piece I owned. The shiny pink material clung to my skin, accentuating my shapely hips and stopping halfway down my silky thighs.