Chapter 13 Homura vs The Shadow

Start from the beginning

"......is hand-to-hand combat!!!!"

Homura was sent flying backwards from the man's attack. Before he had the chance to get up, his foe picked him up by his hair and kneed him in the face, causing him to be sent flying in the air. While this happened, he saw the direction in which his ball and chain was falling.

"Not yet....."

Soon he grabbed Homura by his head and slams him into the ground. The moment this happened, the ground broke apart upon impact. Soon the man turned around as he closed his eyes.

"Now...the finishing blow."

As soon as the man said this, the Serpent Steel Ball fell upon Homura's body as it broke apart the ground underneath the boy. While this happened, Bianchi had a look of horror on her face as Reborn was silent. Soon the man turned towards them as he was approaching them.

"All your hopes have collapsed."

"Not yet......"

"!!!!!"

As the man turned around, he saw the Steel Serpent Ball being moved upwards. Soon the weapon was thrown to the side, revealing a wound covered Homura that was glaring right at him.

"I CAN'T DIE YET!!!!"

"Impossible....is this kid a monster?!"

"You're not that evil of a person."

That single sentence. The single sentence made the man's eyes widen in shock. Meanwhile a smile appeared on Reborn's face as he saw that his student was growing.

"What are you on about?"

"That weak will of yours.....could never defeat my Dying Will."

"Your "will" you say! Don't speak as if you know anything about me!!! Killing you is my true will!!!"

"That's a lie and you know it!!!!!"

Homura charged towards his opponent with great speed as blood escaped from his nose. Meanwhile, the man also dashed towards the boy with a look of rage upon his face. As the two of them were inches away from each other, they pulled back their right fists as they put everything they had in this attack.

"This is the end!!!!!"

"I WILL CRUSH YOU WITH MY DYING WILL!!!!!!!"

The sound of a massive impact was heard. While the man's fist was inches away from Homura's face, the boy drove his fist into the man's stomach. As the man coughed up blood, he fell onto his knees as he was gasping for air.

"How.....could I lose?"

"When you attacked me earlier, you closed your eyes and you didn't let the iron ball land the real finishing blow. Not to mention the fact that you kept giving my friends a chance to escape. I thought it was strange to be honest. When I saw what you did to them, I was angry. Yet when I saw you directly, you didn't strike me as a bad guy. I didn't feel afraid of you."

"Did this boy...see through me with just one look? So this is the strength of the next Vongola boss."

"No wonder Mukuro Rokudo was cautious of you."