twenty

Lalla stood next to Obi-Wan, his hand loosely around her waist as she watched the jedi leave the room. She was looking up at him as he looked at the projection. She was absentmindedly admiring him as he held her close.

"You missed the report on the outer rim sieges" Obi-Wan said without looking away from the projection. Lalla focused herself again, looking away as she pulled herself from Obi-Wan's grip. She didn't miss the puzzled look he shot her as she looked toward Anakin.

"Sorry I was held up. I have no excuse" He said, jogging down the stairs toward them.

"In short, they are going very well" Obi-Wan summarized as he turned off the projection.

"Saleucami has fallen and Master Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pity" Lalla added, squinting a bit in the now dark room.

"What's wrong then?" Anakin asked, looking between them. Lalla sighed slightly, crossing her arms as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other.

"The Senate is expected to vote more executive powers to the chancellor today" Obi-Wan explained as Lalla rolled her eyes.

"Well that can only mean less deliberating and more action. Is that bad?" Anakin asked, his gaze moving to Lalla.

"The old man has enough power. He gives us no explanation of what he plans to do with it" She explained as Obi-Wan nodded. He had expressed to her many times recently that he was starting to not trust him either.

"He has request your and Lalla's presence" Obi-Wan said as he started to walk away. Lalla's eyes narrowed as she heard this.

"What for?" Lalla asked quickly, moving so she was standing next to Anakin. They walked up the stairs together, Lalla cracking her knuckles a bit.

"He would not say" Obi-Wan said, and Lalla could tell easily he didn't like them going to him.

"He didn't inform the council? That's unusual isn't it?" Anakin asked, his voice skeptical.

"All of this is unusual" Obi-Wan stated as he stopped at the top of the stairs.

"It's making me feel uneasy. Look to each other before you do anything he says" He continued, looking between them. Both nodded, looking toward each other before the three of them walked out.

Lalla stopped Anakin as they exited the room, her hand on his elbow,

"We need to look to each other for confirmation before we act. Who knows what he'll do to get in our heads" She said, Anakin nodding easily.

"I agree" He mumbled as they began walking together once again, both obviously tense as they made their way out of the temple.

Lalla walked next to Anakin behind the chancellor, her hands together in front of her as she tried to keep the bored look off her face.

"I hope you both trust me" He stated, Anakin nodding as Lalla just nodded once. She couldn't trust him less than anyone but she knew she couldn't say that.

"I need your help, children" Palpatine said, Lalla trying not to laugh at his word choice.

"What do you mean?" She asked, noticing how Anakin moved a bit closer to her.

"I'm depending on you both" He said as they started walking again, the siblings exchanging looks.

"For what?" Ani asked as they followed behind him slowly.

"To be the eyes, ears, and voice of the Republic. Anakin, Lalla, I'm appointing you both to be my personal representatives on the Jedi Coucil." He said, their eyes widening as they looked at each other.