one

Lalla walked into the front of Watto's shop, a cloth in hand as she watched Ani mess with something while sitting on the counter. Watto was doing something in the back which lead for Lalla to quickly run over to Ani and tickle him. The boy giggled while trying to get his sister off of him. She finally stopped when she heard footsteps, quickly climbing on the counter so she was sitting next to a flushed Anakin. She tried to hide her smile as he sent her a glare, him patting his hair down.

They watched quietly as Watto flew into the room, just in time for the group that was walking in. She watched them intently as Anakin went back to work cleaning something.

"Good day to you" Watto said in his native language. Ani and Lalla knew that these people must be good since Watto greeted them like that.

"What do you want?" He asks, more like himself this time.

"I need parts for a J-type 327 Nubian" The tall man says as Lalla scans the group.

"Ah, yes! Nubian. We have lots of that" Watto explains in the universal tongue now.

"Boy, girl,get over here now" He demands making lalla and ani quickly go over to him. Lalla keeps her head down a bit as Ani standing close next to her.

"My droid has a readout of what I need" The man says while looking around the place. Watto turns to the kids and glares at them.

"Watch the store i've got some selling to do" He says quickly in his language. Ani grabs Lalla's hand and pulls her over to the main counter, climbing up with her. Ani tries to hide his glare towards Watto but isn't exactly good at it.

"So.. let me take you out back, huh?" The seller says while leading them away. Lalla watches as the gungan looks around, not noticing Ani's attention go to the girl that was in the middle of the room.

"Are you an angel?" Ani asks, making Lalla look over to the girl. She looked around her age, maybe a bit older.

"What?" She asks, her attention on Anakin now.

"An angel. I heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe." He said making her smile.

"She's not an angel Ani" Lalla said while looking over the girl. Not to say the girl wasn't gorgeous, but she was no angel.

"Your sisters right, you're a funny little boy," She said walking closer to them, "How do you know so much?"

"I listen to all the traders and star pilots who come through here, and Lalla knows everything ever" He said pointing to his sister as he finished. Lalla playfully smacked his arm as she glared at him.

"I'm a pilot, you know, and someday i'm gonna fly me and Lalla away from this place" He continued, making Lalla stare at him now. That has always been a dream of his, to get them out of here.

"You're a pilot?" The girl asked, looking to Lalla for confirmation. Lalla nodded her head discreetly before he could answer.

"Mhm, all my life" he said. bragging just a bit.

"How long have you guys been here?" She asked looking between the siblings.

"Since I was very little, three I think" He said

"Since I was seven and he was two, almost three" Lalla corrected. Ani just ignored her, him not being able to look away from the 'angel'.

"Our family was sold to Gardulla the Hutt, but she lost us while betting on the Podraces" Lalla said, her voice when she spoke more confidently surprising Padme a bit. It was smooth, and very calming.

"You're slaves?" She asked, clearly not understanding from the start.

"We're people. And my name is Anakin" He said harshly, obviously not liking the title.

"I'm sorry. I don't fully understand. This is a strange place to me" She said, explaining why she was so confused. Lalla took in her outfit, trying to figure out where it was from.

The three of them looked over as the man with floppy ears woke up one of the droids.

"Where.. Where's yousa goin?" It asked as the droid ran away from it. Lalla covered her mouth as she laughed at the man. The droid seemed to be laughing too at this point.

"Hit the nose" Anakin called out to the man. Lalla smiled down at her brother as they watched the man hit the droid nose, a bit harshly. Anakin rolled his eyes as his attention was turned back to the foreign girl.

Lalla watched as the tall man walked back in quickly, telling JarJar that they were leaving. Ani and Lalla furrowed their brows while looking from each other back to the group.

"I'm glad to have met you Lalla, and you Anakin" Padmé said while walking out. Anakin smiled at the girl while stumbling over his words a bit.

"We're glad to have met you too!" Lalla called out for them. She smirked down at Anakin while jumping off the counter.

"Baby Ani has a crush" She teased as he glared at her, sticking his tongue out in the process. Watto came back in, giving her a confused look while complaining about the group.

"They seemed nice to me" Ani said while shrugging.

"Clean the racks, then you can go home" Watto replied quickly, both of them running out of the room towards the back racks. Anakin shoved Lalla playfully as they ran back. She smiled big, her dimples showing as she did. Anakin would never admit this, but her smile was his favorite thing ever.