Eighteen

Start from the beginning

"Let's go inside come on." The girl says coming inside of the house. I play off me peeking by walking into the kitchen.

The girl sees me, looks me up and down rudely but then fake smiles at me. "Hi I'm Maya. Nice to meet you Roddy." I nod my head at her.

"You too." I'm not going to lie, she's really pretty. It's like Malina only got bad friends forreal. She hands me Azalea and walks off upstairs with Maya.

Lea looks at me and smiles. I tickle her as I walk to the pantry, getting her some fruit snacks. "You want some?" I ask and she nods.

I give her an open packet and sit her on the counter. I stand in the kitchen for a while scrolling through my phone and answering messages.

Lea reaches for me and I put her down. She runs to her playpen in the living room. Maya comes down the stairs whistling a song or something.

"Um hey, I need to pass to get to the pantry. Lina wants some chips." I gesture my hand in front of me. "You got space. I know your ass is big but don't flatter yourself sweetheart." I say shaking my head.

She scoffs. "No wonder Malina is mad at you. You're such an ass." I laugh. "Are all of Malina's friends just gonna interrogate me when she gets mad? What about her? You don't think she does shit wrong too? Y'all don't know what the fuck goes on behind closed doors."

Maya shifts her weight onto her other leg and rolls her eyes. She pushes past me even though she had plenty of space.

"Aye yo! I don't care who's friend you are, that shit ain't gonna run in my house. Take your snobby white girl attitude somewhere else cuh. All you girls are fucking tripping."

Maya flicks her hair over her shoulder and goes in the pantry. I take a breath, running a hand over my face.

She clears her throat and comes out with two bags of Cheetos. "My attitude is going nowhere. Malina's boyfriend or not. Roddy Ricch or not. I don't give a fuck."

This girl had a mouth on her. Malina was the same and I can handle that. The friend on the other hand isn't my girl, so I couldn't exactly solve the attitude problem with some deep strokes.

"Man whatever, get out my face bruh. Direct your sexual frustration to your mans or something. I ain't got anything for you." I say waving her off.

"Don't worry about my needs or my man. Worry about your girl." She says walking away. "Man shut up and just mind your business."

She looks back once more but says nothing, continuing to walk up the stairs. I let out a sigh, shaking my head.

I'm sick of Malina's friends trying to play therapist, everybody need to just mind they business.

I go over to Azalea's play area and lock the safety gate. I go to our bedroom to find Lina. The bedroom door was open a little and I could hear them talking.

"So what happens now? You spoke to Roddy about it?"

I furrow my eyebrows. About what?