"Do you like it? Is it too much? Or maybe it's too little? Wait is it the food? I can-"

"Billie. It's fine, this is so freaking cute I love this." I told her. Stopping her from rambling.

She blushed, putting her head down to try and hide it.

We both sat down on the small blanket immediately engaging in conversations about how we looked. We both blushed when one of us complimented the other.

At one point I started rambling about god knows what. I probably didn't seem like it but I admired Billie the entire time. How she was so focused on my story, holding an admirable smile as I spoke and never looking uninterested or bored. Not even once.

I didn't even realize how much I was eating in that moment. When I did realize it I had stopped in the middle of my story. I saw how Billies smile faded and was replaced with a look of worry.

"Hey, Elle you okay?" She asked softly.

"How...how much did I eat just now?" I asked fearfully.

"About a box of crackers but hey, look at me, you're fine. Okay? And you're beautiful no matter what you eat."

I dropped the cracker I had as I brushed off the crumbs on my legs.
"Can we talk about something else to take my mind off this? I'm already feeling nauseas."

"Of course. Actually wait here I have a surprise."

She got up and went to her car and got a ukulele out of the backseat. I lightly smiled in curiosity as she sat down.

I saw her shake off her nerves as she started strumming the chords to a small tune I'm assuming she wrote.

"So I..I think I better go
cause I just never know
how to please you
when you're looking at me like i'm see-through
so i guess i'm gonna go
cause i just never know, how you feel
can you even feel...anything?"

She looked up to see my reactions as I held a small smile. A small blush clouded my cheeks as I listened to the song.

"you said "don't treat me badly"
and you said it so sadly
so i did the best I could
Not thinking you would have left me gladly

Da-da-da-da-da-da-da

As she finished up strumming the last chords I clapped happily as she smiled.
"That was beautiful. Did you write that?"

Now it was her turn to blush.
"Uhh yeah, kind of."

"That's amazing I didn't know you wrote songs."

"Uh well I don't really. It's more of a hobby, kinda like journaling I guess. It helps me get my emotions and thoughts out in a healthy way you know?"

"Yeah I get it. Well your voice is beautiful, you're very talented."

Her blush grew as she dropped her head down to hide it.
"Thanks." She chuckled.

"Do you have any other songs to show me?"

"Yes, but they're not finished. I'll show you another time but c'mon I wanna show you something else."

She put down her ukulele taking my hand to help me stand up. She excitedly led me down the mountains, taking a small trail to make things easier.

I loved hiking but I really was not wearing the right clothes.
"Do you mind telling me where we're going?" I asked about 10 minutes into the walk.

"I told you I had surprises, so it's a surprise."

"Billie I'm not wearing the proper attire to go hiking, besides I'm way out of shape for this."
I spoke out of breath as she dragged me along the trail.

"You'll be okay, c'mon we're almost there."

About 5 more minutes later we came upon a waterfall. I remember telling Billie how much I loved water and I guess she took that to heart.

I  walked towards the railing in slight awe as I giggled. I admired the fall and the water below with joy. I never knew why but water was always calming to me. It gave me a since of inner peace.

I noticed how Bil turned her head, gazing at me.
"Billie you're staring, again." I spoke softly.

Her cheeks reddened and she looked away as she chuckled nervously.

"Sorry. I can't help it, you're just-you're really fucking beautiful, Elle."

I scoffed and shook my head.
"No, I'm not."

"Yes you are, and you know it."

I sighed, turning my head to look into her eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes that I would stare into all day if she let me. She was the pretty one, not me.

"...Do you really think I'm pretty?"

Billie turned her body towards mine, taking my hands into hers, comfortingly rubbing over my knuckles.

"I think you're gorgeous, Elle. And I mean it."

I blushed again for probably the gazillionth time as I put my head down.

She gently cupped my face lifting my head upwards to look into her eyes.

She leaned down to kiss me and I would've kissed her back if my brain hadn't stopped me.

I gently pushed against her chest as my blush grew profusely. I lightly but down on my bottom lip to restrict myself.

"Taking things slow remember?" I whispered, mostly for myself.

"Right, sorry. Can I kiss your forehead then?"

I nodded my head and she smiled. I closed my eyes as I felt her press a gentle kiss to my forehead, I let out a small giggle as she tucked a piece of loose hair behind my ear.

Her thumb lightly brushed over my cheekbones as she spoke.
"You're so beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Even yourself."

I slightly nodded my head as she left another kiss to my forehead.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A/N: Billie's pov of the date will be posted next so you can skip that chapter if you want.

alsoooo GUUUYYYSSS THE ALBUM DROPS IN 2 DAYSSS!!

how we feeling??