Teaser #2

Sometimes I wonder things. Well obviously I do, but I mostly wonder about feelings or why things are the way they are. I mean, I sometimes think; why me? Why am I here? How am I supposed to deal with this? How did doing this lead to this? It goes on and on, a spider web of questions. Now you must be wondering, what has happened to this human called Austen? Well I, Austen Clare has ended up in the lovely room of Cam, whose room is on the second floor of the Jefferson home, which is located… I do not want to share this information with a stranger. Anyways, I’m at Cam’s house, my oh so amazing best friend. Her parents are like my second pair of parents. They know what I’ve been through, so I’m always welcome in their home. Like right now, I’m going to be staying here for the next few nights. They don’t even ask questions, but I always end up telling them, because I think it’s the right thing to do. Huh. Me, Austen Clare, doing the right thing? As if! I’m kidding I’m on the most responsible person the barn planet. Or so they tell me. They as in my teachers, and people around town. “Come on! Please? For me!” Cam begs on the ground, at my feet.

“Hmm, let me think, no.” I deadpan.

“Ugh, killjoy much,” she rolls her eyes.

“I try,” I say as I pet her head.

“Get your hands off of me!” she whines and I chuckle.

“Okay, okay, I’ll make one.”

“By the Angel! I did it! Everyone this is history, record every second!” Cam yells as she runs around the kitchen and the living room.

“Cammy bear, calm down,” her dad chuckles.

“But she’s becoming social! She’s rebelling against herself!” Cam exclaims as she comes back into the kitchen. Now you must be wondering what we are on about. No? Then I find you very weird, I’d like to meet you. Back to the point, no we are not signing up for a dating site. By the Angel, no way. There are creeps in the world. I, Austen Clare, has decided… drum roll… silence before the big news… to create a Facebook account! Surprise, surprise! I’m seriously anti-social, well actually… I do talk to people, it’s just that I’m against any form of social media; hence the anti-socialness. I’m not awkward, okay fine, I am, but still, it doesn’t really matter.

Cam then runs upstairs and throws herself on her bed, nearly whacking my face in the process. Someone’s excited. “You’re doing it!” She squeals

“Yes, I thought we already went through that my dear. You should keep up,” I say and pet her head again. She lifts her head up and glares at me.

“No. Touching. The Hair.” She warns me.

“Not even your legs? They’re quite hairy.” Cammy then throws a pillow directly hitting my face, “why thank you, I think I might just go to bed.”

“Austen!” She whines.

“Quit whining, you’re on your period aren’t you?”

“Austen! Quit being mean!” She says grumpily. I laugh at her screwed up face.

See, I can be funny when I want to. It’s just I don’t want to waste any good jokes on people I’m not fans of, do you get me? No okay…