Chapter 53: Rally

Aizawa outright snarled, yanking his wrist back so hard and so fast that the next time the students blinked, all that remained of the imposter was a puddle of mud on the floor.

Staring down coldly as it dissipated, Aizawa turned on his heel and got himself in check before it disappeared.

Shoji's darkened gaze lessened only a mere fraction as their teacher tersely whispered to him to coordinate with Jirou on how many pros were in the area. They weren't wasting any time to take action.

Chest heaving, Ojiro took in a shaky breath. Jirou crouched on the floor next to Shoji as they both used their quirks to locate the other pros in the vicinity, Midoriya darted around the floor, leaving green lightning behind him as he gathered up things that they would need.

They had kept things on the common floor for emergencies like these.

Medical kits. Sonar devices, in case Asui would need them. Compression bands for Bakugou and himself. Temperature regulator for Todoroki. Gloves to withstand her acid for Ashido. Anti-nausea pills for Uraraka and Aoyama. Protein bars for Sato. Rapid engine cooling packs for Iida. Night vision goggles for all of them. They were going to need that tonight especially and they couldn't rely on Yaoyorozu's quirk, she'd wear out before they even knew where they were going.

Hagakure came up beside the shell-shocked teenager tentatively as Midoriya continued to flit about. "Ojiro, how did you know..."

Ojiro hung his head, exhaustion rolling over him in waves and warred with the adrenaline spiking through him. "I apologized to Shinsou for my attitude towards him at the sports festival months ago."

Understanding dawned on his classmates' features.

The real Shinsou wouldn't have questioned his faith in him. Not after they've had their backs through every up and down classes, hero training and fighting side by side they had done. Not after everything their class had been through. Especially when it came to you. When they were able to make up as quickly as they did, because of you.

Fixing their rocky start, apologies on both ends, was the start to a friendship that would last an eternity.

Shinsou may have insecurities when it came to his quirk, but this class, his friends, Ojiro knew that after trying and failing so hard to push all of them away, he knew that would be the very last thing he would doubt.

Their sincerity. Eagerness. Loyalty.

Hagakure patted his shoulder comfortingly and he didn't move away, despite it doing nothing to ease the knot in his stomach.

"GODDAMN IT!!!"

No one jumped when Aizawa whirled on the rest of them, parting as he left a red haze in his wake. He marched towards the marked cabinet in the kitchen, yanking the emergency medical pack off the shelf so hard he nearly broke the handle. "The first time my son comes to me and it's not even him."

The whole class took a step back. They'd never seen him this mad. They split like the Red Sea as he stormed back through.

"Deku, you deal with this shit." Bakugou hissed at him lowly, jabbing him roughly in the side.

Midoriya waved his hands nervously, backing away into Tokoyami and Kaminari. "Kacchan!! No way!!"

"Frog girl, you're up." Bakugou griped, grabbing Todoroki's elbow over before he ran out the door to jumpstart the manhunt for who was responsible himself. The shortness of his breath didn't escape him, but he shoved him back, blocking his view of their pissed off teacher. Aizawa might not have been mad at them, but his seething was going to have serious repercussions if Half'n'Half didn't calm the fuck down. "Didn't you hear sensei, fuckwad? Can't go by yourself."