Chapter 1

I was sat at the couch in the living room of the Malfoy Manor along with my parents. I was wearing a black dress my mother forced me to wear. Across from me were Lucius and Narcissa. Everything here was pretty boring if you ask me. Talking about problems and life was all they did.

I sighed deeply as the time seemed to stop. It took so long. By now, I was just blurring their voices out as I listened to the raindrops, which were flowing down the window. I let out another sigh.

,,Alright, I think we should go now." My father said, gaining my attention immediately. They all stood up, including their son, Malfoy. They shook hands and I just rushed to the front door, happy to go back.

,,It was nice to meet you, (y/n)." Lucius said lowly and I nodded, wanting to get finally out. But oh boy, that was not the case. ,,You and Draco, have you ever talked during your school years?" He asked me sternly, staring at me oddly.

,,No, sir." I stated fastly, eager to skip the conversation and go home, change my clothes and wear my comfortable ones, wanting to sit in my room and be left alone by my parents.

,,What a shame." He said slowly and looked back at Draco, who was looking at the floor almost as annoyed. ,,Draco, you haven't talked to this wonderful lady yet?" He asked and Draco shook his head no. Lucius tsked. ,,Then I hope you two will get to know each other, am I right?" He looked at my smiling parents, they shook their heads yes.

,,Hopefully." My father said looking between the two of us. I rolled my lips in disgust secretly, Draco probably doing the same. I despised this boy.

,,Alright then." My mother said. ,,It's late, we'll go now. Thank you for your invitation." She said and Narcissa nodded.

,,Of course."

We headed out after my parents said their goodbyes.

-------

I walked into my room. Finally, I thought. Finally rest. I changed into my pajamas, putting my dress into the back of my closet, not wanting to see it.

I grabbed my novel and hopped on my bed with my comfortable clothes, opening the book and skimming the pages.

Reading. The only way I could escape this real world, my life. When was it my turn to live my life like in one of my novels? I was desperate for the romance novel love lives. They were all so perfect. That's probably why I'm not able to live it. Love doesn't exist. At least not in real life.

I was almost falling asleep, but I tried to keep my eyes open, eager to finish the chapter. But unfortunately, I couldn't, thus I dropped off to sleep.

-------

I was dragging my luggage down our huge staircase. My parents were stood in front of the front door, waiting for me. I was somewhat maddened at the sight of it. They were basically staring at me as I struggled with my luggage.

I managed to come downstairs and they hugged me as I stood there awkwardly.

,,We'll miss you, dear." She said and I gave her a small smile.

They waved their goodbyes and I eventually walked out.

------

I walked inside, letting myself fall on a seat in an empty comparement exhaustedly. I was sitting alone, as always. And I was pretty fine with it.

The train came to a halt and everyone hopped off. I was on my way to the castle as the moonlight beamed on me. The way was somewhat foggy and the rain had stopped before I came out of the Hogwarts Express. It was another year. New year, new chances, I thought to myself.