May 11th - Take a Break

when i first saw this prompt, i immediately thought of hamilton (the musical)
so i just had to follow thru ✌️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Chaton, take a break!"

"Marinette, you know I have to stay and guard Paris."

"Please, run away with us for the summer. Let's go upstate!"

"Princess, I'm sorry, but I really can't."

"We can all go stay with my father!"

"I really do appreciate the offer, but Ladybug left me in charge. I can't let her down."

"But there's a lake I know in a nearby park..."

"I love spending time with you and your family, you know that, but I have to say no to this." (hehe hamilton reference)

"You and I can go when the night gets dark..."

"Princess, no. I'm truly sorry."

Marinette let a few tears slip from her eyes as she looked away from him in sadness. She loved her kitty, but she was the one that was trusting him in her—Ladybug's—abscence. Now, she regretted telling him anything as his partner. She could've snuck out, even, to go on patrols with him.

"Okay. I understand. Goodbye, kitty. I'll see you in a few weeks."

"Have fun, princess. And say hi to your parents for me, if you don't mind?"

"Of course," she said, smiling at him a bit weakly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Marinette, are you sure Chat Noir isn't coming with us?" Marinette heard her mother ask after getting in the car.

"No, maman, he has a duty to protect Paris. He really doesn't wanna let Ladybug down," she replied, looking out the window to slightly smile at her kitty's determination.

"Don't worry, sweetheart, we're going to have a lot of fun this summer! I promise," Sabine chuckled, reaching over to squeeze her daughter's hand gently.

"I know, maman." Marinette looked back to smile at her mother. "I really enjoy spending time with the best parents in the whole world anyway! Let's make this a summer to remember."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tiny angst and tiny ladynoir but still marichat nonetheless :D

~jewel ♡︎