Chapter 349: Subject No. 101

[Aoyama Gakuin Highschool, Rooftop]

Situated on top of the roof both Kaido and Ayame then came face to face as they stared at each other, after gathering some courage to push herself through, Ayame then finally confronted Kaido with unexpectedly a lot of questions in mind

After finally getting some time alone, Ayame then opened her mouth to ask the questions that's been bothering her for quite some time

"I... I want you to tell me everything, I know your an esper cause you personally told it to me and I know that you've changed greatly because this isn't like you before, so please tell me... what happened to you?"

With that Kaido then turned his head away from her as he looked down towards the other students in the campus, which were leading their ordinary lives

He could even spot some espers who deliberately hid their abilities in fear of being criticized by the society

No matter on what way he looked at it, he somehow could see the silhoutte of his old self from them

After staying silent for awhile Kaido glanced at her as he replied

"I don't know what's my relationship with you, but the only thing I know is that I don't remember who you are, specifically I don't even know you existed"

For some reason Ayame felt a heartstring pain on her chest when she heard this, but no matter what she kept it all hidden as she listened to him

"If you really wanted to know then I'll debrief you, in simple terms no one in this world is an angel, everyone is a monster and a demon of its own, people kill, eat, live, sleep, and work as if everything was normal"

"If you found someone who is indeed like an angel then that person might be perhaps an ignorant fellow or an impostor, everyone has motifs no matter what they do"

Hearing that Ayame then asked

"What do you mean?"

With that Kaido snapped his fingers as he said

"I'm telling you my hypothesis of this God forsaken place, people criticizing espers due to their abilities, emotions filled with fear and jealousy, all because of some pathetic reason such as the unknown"

"As the society hates people like us, people in the dark took advantageous such weaknesses with a promise of a cure only to be proved as a lie"

At that Ayame's eye then constricted for awhile as she immediately exclaimed

"Do you mean the organization that promised both of your parents to help you become normal is all but a fabricated lie?"

Nodding at that question Kaido then continued

"Naturally it was all a farce on the surface, in reality they sent me on some unknown facility somewhere in this part of the world and experimented on our kind"

"At first it was observation, second it was demonstration, third it was initialization, fourth it was execution"

"After debilerately observing us for quite some time, they then enhance our ability in different means just to improve it to a higher degree, but after realizing our improvement, they then started to weed us out, forcing to kill each other, until the best of the best wins"

For that moment Ayame then became stunned on the spot upon hearing that as she stared towards Kaido

"It was hell for people like me, and yet eveything we knew by then as truth was instantly shattered, they shaped us into a human that only take orders blindly, they turned us into a weapon for their own benefits, you guys have no way of knowing how many died, many innocent lives all lost cause of some benefits and hope that were all non-existent"