21

- Hour 14 - 

Y/N POV

You woke up in the middle of the night and were having trouble falling back asleep. You'd been having a hard time sleeping without Dom next to you. You decided to walk over to his hospital bed and lie down in it next to him. You leaned your head on his shoulder and held his hand as you slowly drifted off into the night...

Dom's POV

"You tired bubs?"

My head shot up at the sound of Y/N's voice. Wait, am I moving? Are we in a car? What are we doing in a car? 

"I promise we're almost there, just try to stay awake," she continued. I looked out the car window to see a sky full of stars. Some big, some little, some moving, some still, each one beautiful in it's own way. About 10 minutes later we made it to her desired destination. I got out of the car and saw we were parked in front of a hill. Y/N grabbed something out of the back and walked past me. I followed her to see her setting down a large blanket on the grass. She laid down with her hands behind her head and watched the sky attentively. I walked over and laid right next to her and looked up, searching for whatever she was looking at. It was the perfect night. The sky was as clear as can be, thousands of stars visible to us at that very moment. It was breathtaking. She tapped me on the shoulder and pointed up at something. 

"Look right there, that's you. The lion," she said as I squinted to look at it.

 The lion," she said as I squinted to look at it

"And right there, there's me. The bull," she giggled, pointing to her own now.

 The bull," she giggled, pointing to her own now

"Who woulda thought. A bull and a lion. Best friends, soulmates, twin flames one might even say-if you wanna get real cliché," she said, laughing now.

"We're basically the lion king. You're Pumbaa and I'm Simba," I said, laughing along with her.

She let out a loud laugh and pushed me away a little bit. "Pumbaa's a warthog you idiot," she said, barely containing her laughter.

"Bull, warthog, same thing," I chuckled. 

She sighed and laid her head back on my chest staring up at the night sky. 

"What do you wanna be when you grow up?" she asked, without taking her eyes off the stars.

"Ermmm, I don't really know. I hope to be doing what I do now for a long time. But I'd also love to be an astronaut. I'd like to go to Mars for real one day if it becomes possible in my lifetime. How about you?" I asked.

"With you," she responded

"What do you me-" 

"I wanna be with you. In this life and the next. Always and forever. No matter what happens, I'm with you," she spoke.

"Me too. Always and forever bubs," I said.

"Also an astronaut. That'd be pretty cool. Plus, I'd wanna go to Mars with you. We can bring our kids and dogs. We'd meet some cool alien neighbors and our kids would have alien friends and we'd dog sit for alien dogs. It'd be mental. In the best way though," she giggled.

"Oh absolutely. I'd love to have some alien neighbors. And could you imagine playing shows on Mars!? That'd be crazy. We'd get to meet some alien rock and roll stars too," I noted.

"Totally. I'd love to have an alien featured on my next album. I can picture it now: 'When Worlds Collide' Y/N aka MC Alien featuring U2FO. It would be topping all the charts. The Spaceboard Hot 100, the Marsify Top 50, even The Rolling Meteor Top 100!" she yelled.

We both broke down into laughter after that crazy conversation. There's many reasons why I love Y/N but one of them is definitely how she can go from having a serious conversation and confessing her love to talking about making music with aliens all in the span of 5 minutes. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her close, enjoying this beautiful moment, on this beautiful night. 

"I love you MC Alien," I said.

"I love you too Domino."