<11>

"Oh boy-"

"Well, you sure stand out in a crowd."

Walker and Hoskins - or new Cap and Battlestar - were walking towards them.

"Karli Morgenthau  is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit."

"Ah, how'd you find us now?"

"Come on. You think two Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?" said Hoskins.

"Well we're certainly more undercover than you guys." Carina nodded to their bright uniforms. 

"No more keeping us in the dark," Walker ordered. "And you can start by telling us why you broke him out of prison." He jabbed his finger in Zemo's direction.

"He did that himself, technically."

"Oh, this had better be an unbelievable explanation-"

"Hey, take it easy," Sam urged.  "Before it gets weird."

"It's already weird."

"I have to agree with Mrs. Granado-Barnes on that.  And I know where Karli is," stepped-in Zemo.

"Well, where?"

"All we know is it's a memorial," Sam explained. "So we're gonna intercept her there."

"That means civilians," said Hoskins.  "High risk of casualties." 

"We'll move in fast, take her by surprise."

"No,  I wanna talk to her alone," Sam told Walker.  

"I'm not losing her again," Walker insisted.

"Look, the person closest to her just died, she's vulnerable. If there's any time to reason with her, it's now."

"What? No. No! Stop, stop, okay? Stop!" Walker cut them off, blocking their path.  "I think we're way past reasoning with her. Unless you forgot the fact that she blew up a building with people still in it."

"Sam, you walk in there cold, she could kill you," Hoskins warned. 

"If I go in hot and the op goes wrong, more people will die," Sam reasoned. 

"You'll let him do this?" Walker asked Bucky.  "Are you really gonna let your partner walk into a room with a super soldier alone?"

"He's dealt with worse, and he's not my partner."

"I used to counsel soldiers dealing with trauma, okay," Sam said. "This is right in my wheelhouse."

"I know, and I know those soldiers, which is why I know this is a bad idea." 

"Wait, John, if we can talk her down, it might be worth a shot," said Hoskins. 

"Listen to your partner," Carina told Walker. 

Walker sighed.  "We'll deal with you later," he told Zemo.

"I'm sure it will all come to an agreeable conclusion," the Baron assured him. "My associate is just up ahead." He gestured to where the little girl from earlier was standing at the gates to the building, waiting for them. 

"Hello my friend - can you show us the way?"

"What the hell?" said Walker, and Carina was inclined to agree

"Hey - you got then minutes. Then we're doing things my way," Walker told Sam as he handcuffed Zemo to the wall. 

"Aggressive," remarked Zemo. "But I get it."