<7>

"Well, I feel better."

"I feel awful."  

"Gentlemen. And lady. Good to see you again." Walker and his partner were getting their attention by using the siren of a nearby police car.  "Look, if we divide ourselves, we don't stand  a chance, you guys know that."

"So what do you got?" Sam asked him. 

"Well the leader's name is Karli Morgenthau. We've been targeting civilians-"

"Whoa."

"-Civilians who've been helping Karli move from place to place."

"They geotagged a location, then scrambled the signal," Walker's partner explained. "But our satellites have found their symbol popping up in various displaced communities all across Central and Eastern Europe." 

"Sorry, we haven't met. Carina Granado-Barnes."

"Lemar Hoskins." They shook hands.

"'Battlestar'," said Bucky.

"That's right."

"We think she's taking the medicine she just stole to one of these camps," Walker continued as they were finishing their introduction.

"Well there are hundreds of those all over the planet since The Blip, so I guess you'll have to look really hard," said Bucky.

 "Good thing I have 20/20 vison, huh?" Walker returned with just as much attitude.

"Where is she now, Walker? Do you know?"

"No, we don't know, Bucky." His voice was rising.

"Hey, hey, easy," cut-in Carina. "Just answer the question."

"We don't, but it's only a matter of time before we find out."

"Things are really intense for you, aren't they, Walker?" Bucky continued. 

"Take it easy," Sam stepped in. "Look, Walker's right, it's imperative that we find them and stop them. But you guys have rules of engagement and all kinds of authorizations you have to get. We're free agents, we're more flexible. So it wouldn't make sense for us to work with you."

"A word of advice then: stay the hell out of my way."

"Okay, but then you stay the hell out of ours," Carina returned and with that, both sides separated.   "I really wanted to give him a chance," she admitted as they walked away, leaving the police station, and Cap and Battlestar, behind. 

"So what are you thinking?" Sam asked Bucky.

"Whatever it is, I'm coming too," Carina announced. 

"But-"

"No 'buts' James Buchanan Barnes. I've called the lab, arranged everything, it's all set. And, lucky for you I've been touching-up my new stealth suit, so I've got that. Come on, you can get me up to speed on the way."

"Well, I know what we have to do. When Isaiah said 'my people'-"

"Oh, don't take that to heart," said Sam. "That's not what he meant."

"No, he meant HYDRA, HYDRA used to be my people."

"Oh-" Sam scoffed. "Not a  chance."

"Wait, you don't mean..." said Carina.

"I think he does." Sam winced.

"Oh, no, no. Absolutely not!"

"Walker doesn't have any leads," Bucky protested.