Chapter Twelve: The Funeral (Original)

Izuku stirred from sleep as a soft breath drifted across his face. Cracking one eye open, he gazed down at the sleeping form of the girl tucked into his chest. Smiling, he pulled her deeper into his embrace, savoring her warmth. He sighed in contentment. I could spend the rest of my life right here. He studied Ochako's face, lit beautifully with the first strands of the Sunday morning light. His eyes traveled across her soft brown hair, shooting messily in various directions, to her permanently blushing cheeks, set in a slight smile. Unsatisfied with only looking, he gently raised his hand to cup her face, and ran his thumb along her cheek. Finally, he leaned forward, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. Shifting slightly, he layed back down, satisfied, and pulled her back into his embrace.

As Izuku pulled Ochako closer to himself, she began stirring from sleep. Her eyes slowly opened, meeting his instantly. Leaning up towards him, she gently kissed his cheek, before settling back down onto his chest. Her mouth curled into a sly smile.

"Hey." From the look in her eyes, Ochako was trying to be sensual. And she was succeeding.

"Good morning, my love." The instant the words left his mouth, he cringed. What? Who talks like that? For several seconds, her face was frozen. Cracks soon appeared in her resolve, and she turned away, onto her back, laughing. Izuku felt his face flush as he desperately tried to think of something cooler to say.

"God, you are so corny." Ochako's laughter subsided, and she tilted her head up to make eye contact once more. "Not that I'm complaining." Renewed cries of mirth flew from her mouth as she watched Izuku. Now completely distracted, he sat hunched over, mumbling as he brainstormed better romantic lines. Reaching up as she struggled to breathe, Ochako ran her hands through his hair. Getting a hand full, she gave the tangle a single, sharp tug. His attention quickly returned to the girl as he rubbed the sore spot on his head. She looked annoyed, but also amused. "Hey, look at me." Her sly smile returned. "I'm not done with you yet." Izuku felt his face reddening as his heartbeat increased. He noticed for the first time exactly what kind of position they were in. Ochako lay on her side before him, gazing up into his eyes. Wearing just what she had slept in, a black tank top and short shorts, she wasn't leaving much to his imagination. Izuku blushed harder as he remembered how hard they had been pressed together only minutes prior. Their eyes met, and he watched as a mischievous look crept into her eyes. Her smile widened, and he suspected she knew exactly what kind of effect she was currently having on him. Licking her lips slowly, she opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by a shrill yell.

"Morning Daddy! Morning Mommy!" Diving onto the bed, Eri quickly crawled up onto Izuku's chest. Nuzzling herself into him, she looked up at her father, beaming. Chuckling at the combined view of Eri's innocent bliss and Ochako's obvious frustration, he ran a hand through the girl's silky white hair.

"Morning, Eri." Leaning forward, he placed a kiss on her small horn. As she giggled in response, he sat up, stretching. While she didn't look happy to disengage herself, Eri quickly relented, sitting back. Looking down at his family, Izuku felt a sense of joy and contentment wash over him. A sense of... completeness. This. This is all I need. He swung his legs over the side of the bed, standing, and the girls followed suit. As Izuku found his own clothes to wear, Ochako checked on Eri's previously soaked outfit, and helped her dress. Each finished their preparations, and the family rendezvoused at the bedroom door. Izuku's eyes met Ochako's, and matching smiles appeared across their faces. He slipped his hand through hers, as the other wrapped around Eri's. Together, the Midoriyas left the room, ready to start the day.

Inko looked up from the kitchen table as the group entered. Izuku opened his mouth to greet her, but her expression stopped him. She looks... nervous? "Mom, is something wrong?" She jumped as he addressed her.