Chapter Six: Alone (Original)

Ochako woke to the feeling of warm pressure against her side. "Mmm..what?" Her eyes protested as she forced them open. It was dark outside, and she was laying on one of the common room couches, a blanket placed on top of her. I fell asleep. Shit. As she noticed the pressure again, she raised her head, and saw Eri leaning against her. "Eri? What are you doing here? Where's Deku?" The little girl looked up at her with tired eyes.

"Daddy's...upstairs. We got back a few hours ago and you were already asleep, so daddy put the blanket on you." Ochako blushed, feeling slightly ashamed. She had been waiting for comfort him, and of course she had fallen asleep, him caring for her instead.

"So why are you down here?" Ochako asked, confusion clear on her face. Seeing the girl look down, expression falling, she unconsciously wrapped an arm around her.

"I couldn't sleep..." she said, shifting uncomfortably. "I've been staying in Daddy's room but..." Eri trailed off, looking away.

"But?" Ochako felt the knots appearing in her stomach. They were joined by tears when the girl looked up, crying.

"Daddy's crying. In his sleep." Her tears fell harder, and a sob escaped her mouth. "All afternoon, he wouldn't tell me what happened. He said he didn't want to bother me. We just took a long walk, and he even bought us ice cream." Ochako clutched Eri to her chest as the girl cried harder and harder, soon struggling to get the words out. "H-He seemed...so..fine. I thought whatever it was, it was minor. B-But.. as soon as he fell asleep.." Eri couldn't keep her eyes open anymore, but her voice cleared slightly. "He looks so hurt. He's in so much pain. And he doesn't want me to see it." The girls cried together for a while, holding each other as tightly as possible. Without thinking, Ochako leaned over and kissed Eri's horn. She looked up, surprised, and Ochako cupped her cheek with one hand.

"Eri." Ochako fought through her tears and flashed the girl a small smile. "Tomorrow, we will help him. I promise. I wont let him hurt alone." The white-haired girl snuggled into Ochako's side, managing a weak smile, and they held the position. After a while, Eri's tears slowed, then disappeared. In a few minutes, they were both fast asleep, beneath the blanket Izuku had draped on her earlier.

Ochako woke early, as the first streams of sunlight danced across her face. Stretching, she slowly pivoted her torso, depositing the still sleeping Eri softly onto the couch. Tiptoeing away so as to not wake her, she entered the kitchen. As she made a cup of tea, she checked her watch. 6:15. Feeling strangely awake even at what was unusually early for her, she decided to take advantage of the morning.

Stepping outside, Ochako took in a deep breath of the morning air. A wave of calm washed over her. I love nature in the morning. Walking down the steps of the dorm, she quickly settled on to the grass to enjoy the world surrounding her. As she let her mind wander, it found it's way to Izuku. Naturally. It seemed that recently she couldn't keep him from her thoughts. Not that she minded much. Resuming the prior day's brainstorming, she planned on how she would get him to open up. As if magically summoned by her thoughts, the boy in question quickly strode from the dorm's door. Hearing the noise, she looked up, and opened her mouth to speak. But halfway through the first word, she stopped.

Ochako watched as the boy she loved walked away from her. He didn't even see me. How could he? He's staring at the ground. It had taken her a moment to realize how stiffly he was walking. Almost out of earshot, she heard him choke out a sob. Her heart caught in her chest. He's crying. With her mood quickly dropping to match his, Ochako returned to her planning with renewed vigor. She had to help him. She had to. Standing quickly, she made her way back into the dorms. Bundling Eri's sleeping form in her arms, she went up to her room to start the day.