VII

Long time no see everyone! I'm glad to be back to update this story.

I had gone back to fix up all of the grammar issues in the past six chapters. Thanks in part to the Grammarly app I picked up to assist me with this endeavor.

In case you haven't noticed the new title. This story is now with the extra subtitle of "Remastered."

The rest of the story will be uploaded soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guilt: The Trial of Izuku Midoriya

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Original version story written by: Isaac

Edited and re-uploaded with permission by: LordXG3

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Seven: Revelations

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ochako almost skipped with joy as she was making her way back to her room, mind racing with disbelief and excitement given what had happened between Izuku and herself.

'Did that really just happen?!' She thought to herself as she arrived at her door. She still didn't know how to process it. She had gone to Izuku's room to find out what was wrong and comfort him. Instead, she had kissed him.

She had kissed him!

Her heart rate shot up as the memory replayed in her head, making it hard to gingerly open and close the door. She did not want to interrupt Eri, who was peacefully sleeping in her bed. After their kiss, they had talked a little more about Izuku's situation and her true feelings for him.

Even after opening up to her as much as he had, he avoided talking about the larger issue. Despite that, Ochako had at least been able to speak with him about Eri. She let out a small squeal of happiness as she thought of how they were acting like the girl's parents. Together. Ochako had offered to help watch Eri and share a room with her for the time being, at least until Izuku was in a better place. As long as Eri could spend enough time with him, they could preserve her happiness and insulate her from the situation at the same time.

'I can't force the issue, but we made progress...so when he really is ready to talk about it, he knows that we are there for him.'

Overall, Ochako was satisfied with the outcome. While Izuku still was in a dark place, she knew that their conversation had helped a little. When she had told Izuku that she would help with Eri, she could almost see the weight lift from his shoulders. All he needs now is a little time and a lot of support.

Then her boy would be okay.

'My boy..' She grinned to herself at the thought.

A small silver lining of their conversation, she had kissed the boy she was madly in love with; and he had kissed her back! Her feelings for him had been mutual all of this time, and she couldn't be happier for it. It was strange without the emotional circumstances. Ochako might have gone on with her silent love, never thinking she was good enough for him. Yet, the recent troubles had pushed from her mind momentarily, allowing her to take the plunge.

'It's finished,' thought Ochako as she gingerly settled into bed, taking a glance at the sleeping white-haired little girl who had come into her life and now had agreed to help take care. 'I kept my promise to her. Starting tomorrow, Izuku will come back to see you, Eri. I know he wants to make up for all of that lost time.'