"Oh shi –"

I don't know what this is, but it was as if my feet were glued to the ground. I felt like there were dumbbells attached to my feet; my body was getting heavier with every thump I felt in my head. It was so much that ever a small pebble that was lying on the stairs was enough to trip me over.

As I feel my body lose its balance, I closed my eyes surrendering to what will happen. It could be the karma of what I did to Bright and I just hope that when I fall, it won't hurt as much as I –

My train of thoughts was immediately cut short, when I heard a loud thud. I felt a great deal of force in my arm, pulling me from falling to the cold concrete. Instead, I felt like I fell on something soft – no, the correct term was muscular. And as I slowly opened my eyes, I saw Bright's face just literally inches away from mine.

"I told you to be careful." he said in a dark, grim tone, quite contrary to the expression he had on his face

"O...oh." I snapped from my drunken stupor and stood straight by myself, feeling my cheek burning. "S...sorry. I just... just lost my balance a bit." I smiled, subtly shaking my hand – wishing that it would shake the uneasy feeling I have in my chest.

"You're too careless." he said before walking to the direction of the sedan first.

I scratched my head, internally cursing myself because of my own carelessness, before following after Bright.

The second we stepped in the pavement, the shotgun door opened, and we were welcomed by a middle-aged man sitting on the driver's seat. He graced us in a rather informal outfit – a simple Slipknot shirt paired with a comfy cargo pants and the ever reliable Crocs footwear.

"Sir?" I jolted awake when I heard him say; he smiled brightly before saying "good evening!"

I smiled back before bending down a bit while crossing my legs and leaning over his car's roof. "Good evening." I politely greeted back.

He reached for the phone from the stand on the glove box before wearing his glasses. Then he checked the cellphone application before glancing back to me. "I'm here for Sir ... 'Metawin'?" he asked after double checking.

I smiled and pointed at myself, "That's me." I said probably in a very slurred, gibberish manner. I felt my head pulse while I try to balance out as I talk, "I'm the one who booked the cab."

I pulled the phone out and showed him the booking receipt in my phone.

The driver leaned over to check the screen before glancing back at me, reluctantly nodding. "O...okay." he agreed.

I turned to Bright before backing from the door and asked him to enter the cab, which he obliged obediently.

He sighed, paying me one last glance before mouthing: 'take care' as he climb up the front seat. I gave him a nod and was about to slam the door shut when a very familiar voice echoed throughout the silence of the night.

"WAIT!"

I felt like all the blood from my veins were drained the second I turned to see whose familiar voice it was; and at that moment, I wished I would've just vanished from the face of the earth.

And that brought us here right now.

After that, everything was hazy. Honestly, I would like to blame the alcohol but I couldn't shake the thought off my head that everything is my fault – specifically my carelessness with it even though I'm a natural born weak-ass in terms of alcohol. Empty talk. I uttered a sigh.