- 11 -

and now, do you know why we broke up?

One sentence. Nine words. And that's it.

The end.

Jungkook frantically flips through the book, desperately trying to find a last page, just one more page, just a few more of Jimin's words.

That's all he wants. All he needs.

Throwing the book aside, he picks the box up, dumping all the contents out, his vision clouded with tears, but as expected, there's nothing.

No. This can't be happening.

Jungkook grabs the book again, in one last desperate attempt trying to find something else, his tears starting to stain the papers and Jimin's beautiful, neat handwriting.

And then he finds it.

There's a small note, something Jimin probably glued in or shoved between the pages before sending the package.

Jungkook,
Please stay safe, and I promise I will too.
I'm moving away, my parents forced me to. Just remember; I'll never forget you and I'll always miss you. As long as you're happy, even if it's just for the shortest moment, I'll be able to smile as well. I wish for you to never forget what we had. Reminisce on the memories. Feel my touch. Hear my words. I love you.
Yours truly,
Jimin

To be honest, finding the note, Jimin's actual last words, just make it all worse. The tears start to stream down Jungkook's cheeks again, the merciless blow of fate striking him much harder than he ever imagined.

"Jimin, please don't leave me..." Jungkook whispers, through a fresh stream of tears. "I can't live without you. I can't. I fucking can't."

And then he has an idea. It's a useless one, a desperate one, but the small spark of hope overcomes him and he jumps up, not bothering to grab anything except for the picture of Jimin and runs.

It's not a long way to Jimin's house, or more specifically, mansion, but the rush of adrenaline pushes him to go much faster than usual.

The only thing on his mind is Jimin. The only thing spurring him is the memory of his smile, his soft lips, his gentle touch.

He's panting and out of breath when he reaches Jimin's front lawn, the rush of the cold air managed to wipe his tears away, but they keep coming.

It's empty.

There's no one in there, excluding a mover packing the last box into a truck. The mansion, once filled with expensive furniture and relics, is cold and pale, the white walls and empty windows looking twice as intimidating as it ever did.

"Excuse me?" Jungkook demands, his voice laced with both anger and desperation as he gets the attention of one of the workers. "Where's Jimin?"

"Jimin?" he asks.

"The family who lives here." Jungkook answers frantically, slowly starting to get hysteric. "They have a son, Jimin. Is he here? Where is he? Is he okay? Is he hurt? Oh god-"

"I'm sorry, but we don't know what happened to the son." he apologizes, looking uncomfortable as Jungkook's eyes widen. "You can go inside if you like." he offers.

Jungkook just nods, forgetting to thank him, and just runs in, frantically twisting his head around, trying to find the beautiful, familiar face he's grown ever so attached to.

_______

Meanwhile, while Jungkook is indoors, Jimin is in the car with his driver, his eyes trained on the same spot as they pull into the driveway, to make sure that all the movers have all the trucks ready.