"I know, I know," I groaned out, running a hand down my face. "I just thought that after all of my hard work in university and my internships, my jobs..."

"Getting into the fashion industry isn't as easy as people make it look," Hayden assured me gently, his calm voice immediately soothing me. "It isn't as easy as Mom made it look. It's going to take time, you just need to put the time into it."

I nodded my head more to myself, pursing my lips. I knew that it was just my anxiety getting the best of me. The fashion industry was one of the toughest to succeed in but, like my mother, all I've ever found a passion in was fashion and creating designs in my sketchbook. If it meant starting off in a giant office building then I could do it. Besides, it wasn't the worst job on the planet—I was getting paid a good amount weekly and only had to take calls for whoever the boss was. You know, what normal secretaries do. The fact that I got hired with such a successful, worldwide company is enough motivation I need to suck it up.

It took time and patience to get as far as the top designers have. I was willing to take it if it meant having this job on my resume would score me an opportunity there one day.

"You know I'm right, don't you?" Hayden said. I could only imagine the smirk on his face.

"Yeah," I grumbled out, huffing. "I just want to make a good first impression."

Hayden chuckled. "You'll do great on your first day and we both know it."

I grinned. "I know. I just wanted to hear you say it."

I could imagine him rolling his eyes. "I'm hanging up now."

"No, no, no, no," I rushed out. "I'll stop. I promise."

He hummed. "That's what I thought."

I can hear the smirk in those four words and it makes me scowl.

"Remind me what Casey saw in a giant toddler to make her want to marry you?" I muttered under my breath.

"I heard that."

"You were supposed to."

Hayden muttered to himself and I smiled, staring at my hands. I haven't seen this idiot in almost two years because I've been so wrapped up in school after my freshman and sophomore years, and he's been helping Dad with the business. Now that I'm finally going to be able to see him and Casey for the first time since then makes me the happiest person on the planet.

"I've missed you," I finally mumbled to him, finally setting my pettiness towards who would say it first aside. "My life seems so boring without my overprotective asshole of a brother."

"How did this go from being sweet to insulting me?" He said teasingly, making me smile widely. "I've missed you, too, kiddo."

"Don't call me that, Hayden," I snapped, hearing his soft laughter at the reaction he always gets from me.

"I'm always going to so suck it up." There was distant chatter and he muttered a curse to himself. "I have to go look after Rose. Casey's going to nap again."

I smiled at the thought of my baby niece. I haven't seen her in so long and I've missed seeing her hyper self every chance I got.