Ladrien: Candy Canes(2)

It had been a very long day. Between the photoshoot that went long and the test he had to study for during any break he could get, it had not been a fun day. So when he was finally able to escape to a corner of the snowy park, he did so.

He should have pulled out his book to study, but at the moment, he couldn’t have cared less. He needed a break, and a break is what he’d get. He leaned back against the bench, letting his eyes drift closed as he took a long, steadying breath.

“Hey.”

Well, so much for a break. Adrien looked up, prepared to face someone who was either going to ask for an autograph or give him a pep talk. But to his surprise, he found a certain spotted heroine in his vision.

“Ladybug?”

“H-hey,” she repeated with a light wave of her hand and slight blush on her cheeks. “Um… you look tired.”

Heart racing at the unexpected but certainly welcome guest, he rubbed the back of his neck as an awkward smile broke out on his face. “Yeah, that’s… an understatement.”

Ladybug nodded, seeming to fight for words. “I don’t know if you’d like it, but I was handing out candy canes earlier today, and a little sugar is always good for putting a smile on your face.”

With that, she extended a mini candy cane towards him. While he was grateful, he also felt bad. Ladybug had asked Chat Noir to help hand out candy canes to kids today, but instead, he’d been stuck with this. Yet, Ladybug, sweet as she was, told him not to worry, and now, she was here, handing out a candy cane to him.

He smiled, heart suddenly warm despite how cold it was outside. He really loved this girl.

“Thanks,” he said, taking the candy cane from her hands and holding it like a treasure for a moment. Because to him, it was. It was gifted to him by his lady, which only made the candy extra sweet.

“No problem. Would… you mind some company? Or would you rather have a moment to rest?”

Yes, he wanted to rest. But absolutely not at the cost of Ladybug leaving. He patted the seat beside him, watching her expression light up in response.

And if he thought the candy cane she’d given him was extra sweet, well, it couldn’t even hold a candle to the time he got to spend with her.